This role is based out of our Chicago, IL office. No remote candidates will be considered for this role.
Telnyx is building the global telco of the future. We have deployed an international private software-defined network, with multiple tier-1 interconnects, leveraging all major cloud service providers to deliver a voice and messaging solution with carrier-grade reliability. We sell our services in a completely automated fashion, allowing our users to programmatically scale their voice and messaging on-demand.
In addition to providing service and software in major North American and European markets, we are expanding to Asia and are developing a wireless product that will provide licensed spectrum access to our infrastructure.
Telnyx has almost 100 employees (70% engineers) between our Chicago, IL office, Dublin, Ireland office and remote team. We have actual revenue traction, meaningful sequential monthly growth, and a massive addressable market.
As Controller, you will have full ownership of the accounting, finance, and tax functions for a rapidly growing international technology firm. Telnyx has operations in the United States, Europe, and Asia. You will manage a team of one Senior Accountant, an outsourced bookkeeping function, and potentially more as the function grows.
Specifically, you will..
- Ensure smooth financial operations
- Lead daily accounting activities and ensure adherence to financial reporting processes for domestic and international entities
- Manage and grow the accounting operation. This role will manage a Senior Staff Accountant, an intern, and outsourced bookkeeping teams.
- Have functional responsibility for A/P, A/R, G/L, treasury, and purchase orders
- Manage the payroll process with Senior Accountant and HR
- Prepare financial reports/forecasts in accordance with GAAP and communicate results to management
- Prepare reports including, but not limited to, internal monthly financial statements, annual budgets, and financial projections
- Direct the monthly close and reconciliation process
- Maintain and enhance our software tooling which includes Xero, Abacus, Bill.com and Zenefits
- Effectively and professionally communicate with third-parties
- Telnyx has annual financial audits by a regional accounting firm. In addition, we have relationships with outside consultants for international compliance and regulatory purposes. This role will manage these relationships.
- Work with our accounting department to streamline vendor payment processes and improve the financial health of the company
- Responsible for proper tax accounting
- While Telnyx is a limited liability company it still faces complex tax matters including transfer pricing, international, R&D tax credits and IL EDGE tax credits. This role will be responsible for managing and mitigating our tax liability.
What we are looking for
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience
- CPA strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Masters degree in Accounting or MBA w/ Accounting
- Ability to comprehend and document business processes and workflows
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Proven ability to work with minimal direction while being resourceful in solving problems
- Experience with accounting systems implementations preferred
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and timely manage large volumes of work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong desire to increase knowledge and expertise both as an accountant and a professional in the telecommunications industry