As an Infrastructure Engineer at Telnyx, you will empower product development teams to quickly deliver features through the design and operation of a reliable and maintainable cloud agnostic, globally distributed infrastructure platform.
- Design, build, test, deploy and maintain standardized tooling and process automation in an environment where infrastructure is defined in code
- Identify, optimize and resolve issues related to latency, scalability, and performance of core infrastructure
- Support and enhance infrastructure including: CI/CD, DNS, service discovery, identity and access control, auditing, scheduling and orchestration, data persistence, asynchronous messaging, service mesh, zero trust network/ distributed perimeter-less firewall, monitoring, alerting and observability
- Facilitate the measurement and reporting of SLOs SLIs informed by distributed tracing, metrics, and log aggregation and enable real-time data analysis for auto-scaling, debugging and alerting
- 3+ years of professional software development and infrastructure operations experience
- Expertise in the operation of internet facing Linux based production cloud/virtualized infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge in at least one deployment and orchestration technology (Kubernetes, Mesos, Nomad, Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef)
- Familiarity with shell and Python scripting
Nice to have
- Experience deploying and operating solutions for geographically distributed data, high-volume data, real-time data leveraging technologies including: RabbitMQ, Kafka, CQRS, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, NoSQL
- Active contribution to open source projects
At Telnyx, we build voice, messaging, data and wireless services that facilitate high-fidelity, secure and modern modes of communication. As engineers, we develop globally distributed services that empower developers to create applications capable of real-time communication. We have nearly one hundred employees (70% engineers) between our remote team members, Chicago, USA office and Dublin, Ireland office. We value grit, continual improvement, transparency, integrity, action, diligence, forward thinking and, of course, each other.