This position is located in our Chicago, IL office. No remote candidates will be considered for this role.
At Telnyx, we build voice, messaging, data and wireless services that facilitate high-fidelity, secure and modern modes of communication. As engineers, we develop globally distributed services that empower developers to create applications capable of real-time communication. We have nearly one hundred employees (70% engineers) between our remote team members, Chicago, USA office and Dublin, Ireland office. We value grit, continual improvement, transparency, integrity, action, diligence, forward thinking and, of course, each other.
- Resolve help desk tickets for Linux, Windows and Mac workstations
- Perform user administration through Active Directory and a number of SaaS products
- Own laptop management including imaging, testing and process automation
- Troubleshoot issues with devices integrated with physical infrastructure including IoT devices, Crestron system, A/V and conference rooms
- Design, manage and improve office technology solutions such as digital signage and IoT solutions
- Create and maintain a robust technical desk solution
- Install, configure, support, and maintain company’s systems and networks of all types
- Ensure that the systems and their applications are at current release levels, patched, securely configured, and in good repair.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex problems involving servers, network infrastructure, and virtual environments
- Adding, Removing and changing server infrastructure as necessary to meet the demands of the business.
- Deep knowledge and proficiency with Linux as a desktop and server operating system
- Familiarity with Windows Server
- Experience supporting OSX desktop users
- A strong desire to learn as much as possible about the technologies in your domain
- 3+ years of relevant experience or bachelor's degree in Engineering
Nice to have
- Proficiency writing scripts to automate processes
- Experience managing Active Directory
- Experience managing a SSO platform
- Familiarity with authorization and security specification and protocols including SAML 2.0 and SCIM
- Demonstrated experience working with IPA/AD binding and privilege management
- In depth knowledge of telecommunication or AV equipment
- Master's degree in Engineering