This role is located in our Chicago office. No remote candidates will be considered for this role.
Joining our team
At Telnyx, we’re building voice, messaging, data, and wireless services that facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication. As engineers, we develop globally distributed services that empower developers to create applications capable of real-time communication. We have nearly 100 employees (70% engineers) between our remote team members and our offices in Chicago, IL and Dublin, Ireland.
- Design developer friendly APIs.
- Build, test, and deploy applications to deliver critical global communications services.
- Identify and resolve issues related to latency, scalability, resilience, and performance.
- Create tools to automate aspects of production systems.
- Experience working with Go in a professional environment
- 4+ years of professional software development experience with an object oriented programming language, preferably Python
- Enjoy solving big, complex problems in data management, distributed systems, large-scale storage, networking, and performance
- Experience with web application development.
- Comfort working with relational databases at scale.
Nice to have
- Experience in a highly-available, uptime-critical production environment.
- Deep knowledge of microservice architecture patterns and anti-patterns.
- Understanding of message queue best practices.
- Familiarity with Docker, Consul, Jenkins, and Ansible.
- $70k - $150k base salary DOE
- 0.001% - 0.1% equity
- Employer sponsored pension plan