This role is located in Chicago. No remote candidates will be considered for this role.
Telnyx is a growth-stage software company building a platform that facilitates mission-critical, real-time communications (RTC) accessible to anyone with an internet connection. We're a licensed carrier with domestic and international numbering resources and IP address space (AS63440), and we’re headquartered in Chicago, IL with a second office in Dublin, IE.
Our strategy involves interconnecting with major ISPs in order to minimize latency, jitter and packet loss as opposed to the best effort nature of the Internet and its quality shortcomings. Our network leverages direct access into major Cloud Service Provider networks for compute and storage with a private fiber backbone to connect our global points of presence. The result is a homogeneous, cloud-agnostic (leveraging Google Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud) infrastructure on which to deploy our containerized services.
About the role
Infrastructure Engineers are tasked with improving and maintaining the underlying globally distributed infrastructure of the Telnyx CaaS (Communications as a Service) platform. In the course of doing so you will participate in video conference meetings, technical reviews and team demos/training. Leveraging your experience along with open source tools and server software, you will engineer appropriate tooling and solutions to:
- Enhance the platform reliability and maintainability.
- Solve on DevOps and CI/CD challenges.
- Further empower the product development team's ability to self-service in order to scale to meet the demand of our organizational growth.
In this role, you will
- Build and maintain standardized tooling and process automation, we focus on an infrastructure as code approach.
- Support and enhance our core infrastructure offerings including building out new ones. (CI/CD, DNS, Service Discovery, Identity and Access Control, Auditing, Scheduling and Orchestration, Data Persistence, Asynchronous Messaging, Service Mesh, Zero Trust Network / Distributed Perimeter-less Firewall, Monitoring, Alerting and Observability)
- Facilitate the measurement and reporting of SLOs/SLIs, distributed tracing, metrics and log aggregation and enable real time data analysis for auto-scaling, debugging and alerting.
What we value
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and or equivalent work experience
- Operating internet facing Linux based production cloud/virtualized infrastructure
- Deployment and orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Nomad, Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef)
- Shell or Python scripting
- Interfacing RESTful APIs
- Desired experience
- Golang, especially contributions to OSS
- Deploying and operating solutions for geo distributed data, high volume data, real time data (Rabbitmq, Kafka, Event Sourcing, CQRS, Postgres, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis NoSQL, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate business objectives and deliver appropriately scoped timely solutions
Bring your skills, experience and interests. Help us to achieve our mission in democratizing RTC.