This role is located in Chicago. Remote candidates will not be considered for this role.
At Telnyx, we build voice, messaging, data and wireless services that facilitate high-fidelity, secure and modern modes of communication. As engineers, we develop globally distributed services that empower developers to create applications capable of real-time communication. We have nearly one hundred employees (70% engineers) between our remote team members, Chicago, USA office and Dublin, Ireland office. We value grit, continual improvement, transparency, integrity, action, diligence, forward thinking and, of course, each other.
As an Infrastructure Engineer at Telnyx, you will empower product development teams to quickly deliver features through the design and operation of a reliable and maintainable cloud agnostic, globally distributed infrastructure platform.
- Design, build, test, deploy and maintain standardized tooling and process automation in an environment where infrastructure is defined in code
- Identify, optimize and resolve issues related to latency, scalability and performance of core infrastructure
- Support and enhance infrastructure including: CI/CD, DNS, service discovery, identity and access control, auditing, scheduling and orchestration, data persistence, asynchronous messaging, service mesh, zero trust network/ distributed perimeter-less firewall, monitoring, alerting and observability
- Facilitate the measurement and reporting of SLOs SLIs informed by distributed tracing, metrics and log aggregation and enable real-time data analysis for auto-scaling, debugging and alerting
- 3+ years of professional software development and infrastructure operations experience
- Expertise in the operation of internet facing Linux based production cloud/virtualized infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge in at least one deployment and orchestration technology (Kubernetes, Mesos, Nomad, Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef)
- Familiarity with shell and Python scripting
Nice to have
- Experience deploying and operating solutions for geographically distributed data, high-volume data, real-time data leveraging technologies including: RabbitMQ, Kafka, CQRS, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, NoSQL
- Active contribution to open source projects