This role is based in our Dublin office. Remote candidates will not be considered.
Telnyx’s infrastructure powers thousands of businesses all over the world. We deliver messages, enable real-time voice experiences, detect fraud, help entrepreneurs embed communications in their apps, build world-class developer-friendly APIs, and more. If you’re a Cloud Platform Engineer here, you’ll get to build the systems that power our products.
Telnyx doesn’t process quite as many requests as Twitter or Facebook, but our customers’ businesses require five-nines reliability. We can’t go down because our users’ businesses depend on us.
You’ll be on a team that maintains a product we provide to the rest of engineering like storage or message queueing. You’ll make decisions with a significant impact on Telnyx and help to scale a global cloud-agnostic infrastructure. There is a lot of work to do to make Telnyx engineers’ work easier and our platform even more reliable than it is today, and we’d love for you to be part of it. We’re close to the people using our systems, so we constantly get feedback that we can use to make them better.
We’re looking for people with a strong background (or interest) in systems. We’d love to hear from you whether you’re a seasoned systems developer, or whether you’ve just learned you might like working with databases.
In This Role You Will:
- Design, build, test, deploy and maintain standardized tooling and process automation in an environment where infrastructure is defined in code
- Identify, optimize and resolve issues related to latency, scalability and performance of core infrastructure
- Support and enhance infrastructure including CI/CD, DNS, service discovery, identity and access control, auditing, scheduling and orchestration, data persistence, asynchronous messaging, service mesh, zero trust network/ distributed perimeter-less firewall, monitoring, alerting and observability
- Facilitate the measurement and reporting of SLOs SLIs informed by distributed tracing, metrics and log aggregation and enable real-time data analysis for auto-scaling, debugging and alerting
You May Be Fit For This Role If You:
- Have 3+ years of professional software development and/or infrastructure operations experience
- Have expertise in the operation of internet facing Linux based production cloud/virtualized infrastructure.
- Have expert knowledge in at least one deployment and orchestration technology (Kubernetes, Mesos, Nomad, Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef)
- Have familiarity with shell and Python scripting
- Have experience deploying and operating solutions for geographically distributed data, high-volume data, real-time data leveraging technologies including RabbitMQ, Kafka, CQRS, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, NoSQL
- Actively contribute to open source projects
Perks @ Telnyx:
- Competitive pay & stock options
- Professional Development Fund
- Heath and Dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible working environment
- Subsidised Gym Membership and Fitness Classes
- Catered meals daily
- Laundry and Home Cleaning service
- Top notch equipment including; laptop, ergonomic desk, fitness tracker and earbuds
- Free MyTaxi
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx:
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunnelling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.