Be a part of our growth @ Telnyx by joining us as a Strategic Negotiator in our Chicago office! This is a unique opportunity for a talented individual looking to hone their business development and negotiation skills in an exciting sector. The Strategic Negotiator utilizes experience to develop an overall negotiation strategy and provide a buy-side view to the organization.
In this role you will:
- Own key vendor partnerships and represent the company to senior external stakeholders.
- Source new international business partnerships through independent research and competitive analysis
- Lead meetings between prospective vendors and product/engineering colleagues
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Vet prospective vendors across a variety of criteria and functional requirements
- Effectively communicate our value proposition and develop professional relationships with prospective vendors
- Take part in project planning and forecasting exercises
- Participate in ongoing training and stay up-to-date with new products and services
- Understand Telnyx’s goal and purpose to continually enhance the company’s performance.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Strategic sourcing/negotiation experience within the technology sector
- Consulting firm experience with technology clients
- Experience in strategic negotiation in an enterprise environment (SaaS experience is a benefit)
- Procurement expertise in a technical area
- Compelling business background with a proven track record of business negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- A strong phone presence with a knack for building rapport quickly and establishing trust
- Technical aptitude to quickly assimilate product knowledge
Perks @ Telnyx:
- Competitive pay & stock options
- Professional development fund
- Heath and Dental insurance
- Simple IRA with 3% match
- Open PTO
- Subsidized Gym Membership and Fitness Classes
- 3 meals a day cooked by our in house chefs
- Laundry and Home Cleaning service
- Top notch equipment including; laptop, ergonomic desk, fitness tracker and earbuds
- Subsidized ride sharing to and from the office
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx:
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunnelling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.