Working with a talented group of developers to focus on building a set of highly available, distributed services that powers our realtime telecommunication engine.
Our Java team runs a data pipeline that processes terabytes of telecom data. Majority of our services are critical for providing a great customer experience as they rely on our data platform. Languages we are using are Java and Scala, with a lightweight Jetty/Jersey/Scalatra stack.
You’ll be part of a group of people working together to build solutions to mission-critical problems and a company that values the very best ideas. People rely on our products to communicate daily, which means they rely on us to build things with a high degree of resiliency and reliability.
In This Role You Will:
- Designing how to architect systems to allow for high performance and uptime
- Writing well-structured code with the special attention to optimization and scalability
- Be involved in the full software development cycle which includes architecture definition, writing code, testing, participating in code review process and automating deployment procedures
- Effective code analysis and debugging
- Participate in requirements analysis and transforming them into development tasks
You May Be A Fit If You Have:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Java and its ecosystem of tooling
- Experience with Scala or other functional programming languages (Haskell, Clojure, Elixir, Erlang, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with machine learning on Apache Spark or Tensor Flow.
- Knowledge of various classification models, data normalization and feature engineering.
- Experience with Linux, Git, Docker, in a CI environment (We can push code to production multiple time a day)
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx:
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omnichannel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunnelling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.