The Sales Development Representative role holds an essential position in the growth and development of our sales pipeline, having a direct impact on the business. You are excited about prospecting to potential customers, while maintaining a fun and rewarding atmosphere.
In This Role You Will
- Source new sales opportunities through lead follow-up, outbound calls and emails.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market.
- Set up meetings between prospective customers and Account Executives.
- Develop sales approaches and pitches that speak to the customer’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Effectively communicate our value proposition and develop professional relationships with prospects.
- Document all sales activity in our CRM system (Salesforce).
- Participate in ongoing training and stay up-to-date with new products and services.
- Understand Telnyx’s goal and purpose to continually enhance the company’s performance.
You May Be Fit For This Role If You Have
- Commercial experience in sales or marketing (SaaS experience a benefit).
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- A strong phone presence with a knack for building rapport quickly and establishing trust.
- Hands-on experience with outbound sales techniques (prospecting, cold calling, emailing, etc.).
- Technical aptitude to quickly assimilate the technical knowledge.
- Previous experience telemarketing, cold-calling and setting appointments/closing sales via telephone is preferred.
- Strong desire to grow your career within a nimble and hungry environment.
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunnelling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.