No remote candidates will be considered for this role
We are looking for a strategically focused, hands-on Director of People Operations. You will join us at a particularly exciting time as we have doubled headcount to 115 in the last year and we expect this trend to continue. Therefore, you will have the opportunity to craft the talent and people operations strategy as well as play a meaningful role in shaping the company’s culture.
Reporting to the founders, you will be responsible for defining, executing and streamlining our people strategy across cultural, recruiting and retention initiatives and processes. You will partner with the executive team to ensure that we are doing everything we can to attract, hire and retain the best talent across all of our teams and create a vibrant, highly engaged culture.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be excited about building and growing the people team here - you should not only be skilled at designing large-scale strategic initiatives but also at getting your hands dirty and getting things done every single day
- Develop and maintain programs for onboarding, performance management, employee engagement, long-term organizational planning, and individual contributor and manager/executive training
- Create a comprehensive compensation and leveling strategy, and manage our existing benefits, retention and reward strategies and documentation
- Proactively and empathetically address workplace and personnel issues - including resolving difficult interpersonal and employees retention issues
- Implement the best methodologies, tools, systems and processes required to run our people and talent functions while providing real-time transparent analytics and ensuring alignment to our objectives, including with respect to employee lifecycle activities (recruitment, onboarding/offboarding, transfers, etc), Immigration, Employee Relations, Compliance and Policy Management, Payroll and Administration
- Define and execute people, culture, and operations strategies that aligns with the company's values, mission, and long-term strategic objectives
- Partner with the talent acquisition function to ensure we are identifying, hiring and retaining the best possible talent
- Provide customer support on the ground around all aspects of people operations, ensuring all people related queries are swiftly and appropriately handled
Who you are:
- You are a mid to senior level people operations leader with a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant start-up industry-specific experience in people operations, talent or a progressive HR role
- Experience scaling a technology company from 150 and beyond
- You can demonstrate your ability to define and execute an organization’s talent, people, and cultural strategies and operations and have relevant experience across all of the core people functions - recruiting, HR, HR operations and culture initiatives
- You are passionate about leading a diverse, inclusive, ever-improving and automation-driven approach to hiring practices and operations
- You have the experience to implement effective tools, processes, and behaviors to build a unique human-centered and value-based experience
- You are able to act as a counselor, coach and strategic advisor on all people operations matters and their impact on the company's strategic and cultural objectives.
- You have a high proficiency in current people and talent software platforms including applicant tracking systems (Google Hire) and HRIS systems such as Zenefits, Namely, Bamboo HR or JustWorks
Compensation and Perks
Besides a competitive compensation package, we offer our Telnyx team, we like to include an array of perks for our employees to enjoy.
- Professional Development Fund
- Heath and Dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible working environment
- Subsidised Gym Membership and Fitness Classes
- Catered meals daily
- Laundry and Home Cleaning service
- Top notch equipment including; laptop, ergonomic desk, fitness tracker and earbuds
- Free MyTaxi
Telnyx is building the global telco of the future. We have deployed an international private software-defined network, with multiple tier-1 interconnects, leveraging all major cloud service providers to deliver a voice and messaging solution with carrier-grade reliability. We sell our services in a completely automated fashion, allowing our users to programmatically scale their voice and messaging on-demand.
In addition to providing service and software in major North American and European markets, we are expanding to Asia and are developing a wireless product that will provide licensed spectrum access to our infrastructure.
Telnyx has over 100 team members (70% engineers) among our Chicago, IL office, Dublin, Ireland office and remote team. We have actual revenue traction, meaningful sequential monthly growth and a massive addressable market.