Please note that we are only able to support candidates located in these timezones: CST +2 , CST -2 , GMT +2 , GMT -2
Backend API Engineer, Elixir (Remote work)
Build the core of Telnyx product, services and APIs in a spectacularly robust fashion.
At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication. Telnyx’s backend engineers work on the business logic for all of that. As a backend engineer, you will build and expand APIs and services and work with our partners to launch new markets, communication methods, and capabilities.
We have backend engineers in almost every team across Telnyx, and in that role, you’ll be making some of the most significant decisions for the company. You’ll get to work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
In This Role You Will:
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Telnyx’s engineering teams.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
You May Be Fit For This Role If You:
- Have 3+ years of professional software development experience with an object oriented or functional programming language
- Have an appreciation of functional programming and a strong desire to become an expert Elixir programmer
- Have experience working with relational databases at scale
- Have deep knowledge of microservice architecture patterns and anti-patterns
- Have experience with message queues like RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Understand of the challenges inherent in concurrent and distributed programming
- Have experience with more exotic databases such as ETS, Mnesia and Redis
- Have familiarity with Docker, Consul, Nomad, Jenkins, or Ansible
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx:
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people.We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunneling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.