Telnyx is building the global telco of the future. We have deployed an international private software-defined network, with multiple tier-1 interconnects, leveraging all major cloud service providers to deliver a voice and messaging solution with carrier-grade reliability. We sell our services in a totally automated fashion, allowing our users to programmatically scale their voice and messaging on-demand.
In addition to providing service and software in major North American and European markets, we are expanding to Asia and are developing a wireless product that will provide licensed spectrum access to our infrastructure.
Telnyx has seventy employees (75% engineers) between our Chicago, IL office, Dublin, Ireland office and remote team. We have actual revenue traction, meaningful sequential monthly growth, and a massive addressable market.
Joining Our Team
At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication.
No matter where you're based, or which team you work on, you’ll be part of a group of people working together to build solutions to mission-critical problems and a company that values the very best ideas. People rely on our products to communicate daily, which means they rely on us to build things with a high degree of resiliency and reliability.
As a Python Engineer at Telnyx, you will deploy groundbreaking applications to solve our customers’ hardest problems. Projects often start with a nebulous question and our Engineers lead the way in developing a solution, from high-level system design and prototyping to application development and data integration. As a Telnyx software engineer, you leverage everything around you: Telnyx products, open source technologies, and anything you and your team can build to drive real impact.
You work with users around the globe, where you help our customers by solving their communications challenges. Each mission presents different challenges, from the regulatory environment to the nature of the data to the user population. You will work to accommodate all aspects of an environment to drive real technical outcomes.
In this role, you will:
- Build Python products for the delivery of mission-critical global communications. These products are latency sensitive and must handle data at scale, all while maintaining an intuitive user experience.
- Create tools to automate critical aspects of production systems.
Technologies we use
- A variety of languages including Python, Java, Elixir, Scala, Go, Angular, and React.
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, and ElasticSearch.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Docker, Consul, Jenkins, Ansible, and Github.
What we value:
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision. You understand that making mistakes means you’re learning, and you actively seek opportunities to grow and develop.
- You want to work on software that is changing the world and you're passionate about creating intuitive, scalable products that magnify the analytical capabilities of our users.
- Familiarity with Twisted and Go is a plus.
- Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems.
- Experience with large-scale production databases and major cloud services.
- Familiarity with micro-service architectures.
- Highly proficient in a Linux environment.
- Experience working with message queues (RabbitMQ).
- Competitive pay, 401(k) match, stock options, and killer benefits.
- Free food. Angela and Paul, our in-house chefs, cook up breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the daily.
- Easy transportation and commuter benefits. Located in the heart of River North and right off of the brown line, you basically can’t miss us.
- Laundry service, gym reimbursement, and open PTO.