Telnyx is building the global telco of the future. We have deployed an international private software-defined network, with multiple tier-1 interconnects, leveraging all major cloud service providers to deliver a voice and messaging solution with carrier-grade reliability. We sell our services in a totally automated fashion, allowing our users to programmatically scale their voice and messaging on-demand.
In addition to providing service and software in major North American and European markets, we are expanding to Asia and are developing a wireless product that will provide licensed spectrum access to our infrastructure.
Telnyx has seventy employees (70% engineers) between our Chicago, IL office, Dublin, Ireland office and remote team. We have actual revenue traction, meaningful sequential monthly growth, and a massive addressable market.
Joining Our Team
At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication.
No matter where you're based, or which team you work on, you’ll be part of a group of people working together to build solutions to mission-critical problems and a company that values the very best ideas. People rely on our products to communicate daily, which means they rely on us to build things with a high degree of resiliency and reliability.
As a Front End Engineer at Telnyx, you will deploy groundbreaking applications to solve our customers’ hardest problems. Projects often start with a nebulous question and our Engineers lead the way in developing a solution, from high-level system design and prototyping to application development and data integration. As a Telnyx software engineer, you leverage everything around you: Telnyx products, open source technologies, and anything you and your team can build to drive real impact.
You work with users around the globe, where you help our customers by solving their communications challenges. Each mission presents different challenges, from the regulatory environment to the nature of the data to the user population. You will work to accommodate all aspects of an environment to drive real technical outcomes.
In this role, you will:
- Build various front end products for the delivery of mission-critical global communications.
- Collaborate with our Product and Design teams to design our customer-facing applications, APIs, and external marketing website.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
What we value:
- 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility.
- 3+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance.
- Experience with React or Angular2
- A keen eye for interaction design and finishing touches.
Technologies we use
- A variety of languages including Python, Java, Elixir, Scala, Go, Angular, and React.
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, and ElasticSearch.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Docker, Consul, Jenkins, Ansible, and Github.
Our Guiding Principles
We wrote these principles to be actionable, to inform decision-making and to provide a sense of what’s important and what’s right. We live our values every day. They guide how we hire, train, measure and reward each other.
Do more with less. We are creative problem solvers that always use constraints to our advantage.
Leverage the experience of others
Avoid unnecessary detours by learning from the mistakes and successes of others. Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.
Perfection is the enemy of progress. Always ask “why.” Think big, start small, collect data, and iterate quickly.
Seek exponential gains in our work by improving the lives of colleagues and customers.
Measure twice and cut once. Plan thoughtfully, always have someone double-check your work, and take deliberate action.
Be transparent and honest. Give direct feedback.
Err on the side of action.No one is above any task; take ownership and get things done.
Always think about what you can do today to put the company in the best position in the future.