Telnyx is building the global telco of the future. We have deployed an international private software-defined network, with multiple tier-1 interconnects, leveraging all major cloud service providers to deliver a voice and messaging solution with carrier-grade reliability. We sell our services in a totally automated fashion, allowing our users to programmatically scale their voice and messaging on-demand.
In addition to providing service and software in major North American and European markets, we are expanding to Asia and are developing a wireless product that will provide licensed spectrum access to our infrastructure.
Telnyx has seventy employees (70% engineers) between our Chicago, IL office, Dublin, Ireland office and remote team. We have actual revenue traction, meaningful sequential monthly growth, and a massive addressable market.
Joining Our Team
At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication.
No matter where you're based, or which team you work on, you’ll be part of a group of people working together to build solutions to mission-critical problems and a company that values the very best ideas. People rely on our products to communicate daily, which means they rely on us to build things with a high degree of resiliency and reliability.
As an Enterprise Account Executive, you'll work as part of a diverse team of sales professionals, creatives, growth engineers, and product marketers to sell communications services and software into some of the most exciting global companies. You'll be responsible for net new logo acquisition of key Enterprise accounts, mid-size corporates, and some of the fastest growing startups. You’ll be able to sell across all of Telnyx’s products and services to help businesses enhance their communications and solve complex business problems. You will be immersed in the innovative world of international Cloud Communications technologies (Mobile Messaging, Contact Center, Call Tracking, SIP Trunking, etc.).
Key to this role is your ability to articulate value, inspire and sell the Telnyx vision for democratizing access to software-driven communications. You will articulate the business value of the solution to executives and technical product leaders. In addition to the excellent solution sales skills, the Enterprise Account Executive should possess application development, implementation or IT knowledge in combination with exceptional customer management experience at the C-level.
You will be managing a funnel of qualified leads from an inbound funnel in addition to hunting for new business through active prospecting. You will prepare quotations and negotiate terms of an agreement with new customers and always be closing. You are familiar with using Salesforce and other sales/marketing tools to prepare pipeline activity and monthly forecast reports, aiming to meet or exceed targets. This role is ideal for candidates who are hunters, enjoy selling, are achievement-oriented and believe in performance rewards for exceeding sales goals through strong collaboration with customers and internal stakeholders.
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate success by exceeding quota on a consistent basis to new customers.
- Build a strong network of enterprise customers and opening doors to the purchase of Telnyx’s products and services.
- Sell communications products to a technical and business audience, building trust and mutual respect with technical customers and peers.
- Establish a track record of selling and closing complex technical solutions to enterprises and software companies in excess of $100K ARR.
- Manage your own funnel of opportunities to progress them through the sales cycle and provide accurate reporting and forecasting based on results at each stage.
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each key customer and drive the continued value of Telnyx’s products and services.
- Work with customers to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their business goals.
What we value:
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, teach, lead and follow.
- 2+ years of selling experience in enterprise consumption-based software platforms, SaaS, or telecommunications.
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding quota.
- Success selling to leading customers that trust and respect you.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills. You are a strong listener and communicator.
- Possess a hunter mentality. You are relentless in achieving sales targets, pursuing goals and solving problems.
- Ability to sell C-Level and across Product Development and IT.
- Proven consultative sales solution skills, including the ability to articulate a clear, concise return on investment value statement.
Our Guiding Principles
We wrote these principles to be actionable, to inform decision-making and to provide a sense of what’s important and what’s right. We live our values every day. They guide how we hire, train, measure and reward each other.
Do more with less. We are creative problem solvers that always use constraints to our advantage.
Leverage the experience of others
Avoid unnecessary detours by learning from the mistakes and successes of others. Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.
Perfection is the enemy of progress. Always ask “why.” Think big, start small, collect data, and iterate quickly.
Seek exponential gains in our work by improving the lives of colleagues and customers.
Measure twice and cut once. Plan thoughtfully, always have someone double-check your work, and take deliberate action.
Be transparent and honest. Give direct feedback.
Err on the side of action.No one is above any task; take ownership and get things done.
Always think about what you can do today to put the company in the best position in the future.