Telnyx is building the global telco of the future. We have deployed an international private software-defined network, with multiple tier-1 interconnects, leveraging all major cloud service providers to deliver a voice and messaging solution with carrier-grade reliability. We sell our services in a totally automated fashion, allowing our users to programmatically scale their voice and messaging on-demand.
In addition to providing service and software in major North American and European markets, we are expanding to Asia and are developing a wireless product that will provide licensed spectrum access to our infrastructure.
Telnyx has seventy employees (75% engineers) between our Chicago, IL office, Dublin, Ireland office and remote team. We have actual revenue traction, meaningful sequential monthly growth, and a massive addressable market.
Joining Our Team
At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication.
No matter where you're based, or which team you work on, you’ll be part of a group of people working together to build solutions to mission-critical problems and a company that values the very best ideas. People rely on our products to communicate daily, which means they rely on us to build things with a high degree of resiliency and reliability.
This role is located in Chicago, IL. To be considered for this position, you must be willing work from our Chicago office.
The Telnyx platform engineering team is a group of DevOps engineers who are passionate about large-scale distributed systems, driving application performance, and pushing the envelope with R&D around containerization and cloud infrastructure. As a DevOps Engineer you'll work with the team around enhancing automated builds and releases with an eye towards extreme scalability and distributed architectures.
Technologies we use:
- Continuous Integration
- Cloud Infrastructure
What we value:
- Experience with automating builds and continuous integration.
- Experience analyzing system statistics and trends.
- Experience helping to drive large cloud infrastructure improvements.
- Experience supporting and improving Linux server resources and infrastructure.
- Experience with the following: Ansible, Jenkins, and Docker.
What's nice to have:
- Experience with micro-services and service discovery (Consul).
- Experience in Python and Bash.
- Experience with logging large amounts of network data (using tools such as elasticsearch, logstash, etc).
- Competitive pay, 401(k) match, stock options, and killer benefits.
- Free food. Angela and Paul, our in-house chefs, cook up breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the daily.
- Easy transportation and commuter benefits. Located in the heart of River North and right off of the brown line, you basically can’t miss us.
- Laundry service, gym reimbursement, and open PTO.