Telnyx is building the global telco of the future. We have deployed an international private software-defined network, with multiple tier-1 interconnects, leveraging all major cloud service providers to deliver a voice and messaging solution with carrier-grade reliability. We sell our services in a totally automated fashion, allowing our users to programmatically scale their voice and messaging on-demand.
In addition to providing service and software in major North American and European markets, we are expanding to Asia and are developing a wireless product that will provide licensed spectrum access to our infrastructure.
Telnyx has seventy employees (70% engineers) between our Chicago, IL office, Dublin, Ireland office and remote team. We have actual revenue traction, meaningful sequential monthly growth, and a massive addressable market.
Joining Our Team
At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication.
No matter where you're based, or which team you work on, you’ll be part of a group of people working together to build solutions to mission-critical problems and a company that values the very best ideas. People rely on our products to communicate daily, which means they rely on us to build things with a high degree of resiliency and reliability.
As our UX Designer, you’ll directly impact the product vision, usability of the platform, and the creative direction for the team. This is a unique opportunity to work in a data-driven organization that values customer feedback and fact-based decision-making. The right candidate is obsessed with creating a streamlined user experience that customers rave about.
In this role, you will:
- Religiously study customer behavior and use that to continuously hone the product experience
- Work with the Growth team to test new ways of improving conversion
- Work with front end developers to design and develop new features and create consistency of UX patterns across the platform
What we value:
- A strong understanding of e-commerce design patterns and customer buying behavior having worked in a SaaS or e-commerce business
- An analytical mindset and experience working with measurement tools such as KissMetrics and MixPanel as well as products like Fullstory
- Experience implementing A/B tests to improve conversion
- 3+ years of on the job UX design experience
- Strong proficiency in products such as the Sketch and Invision to quickly turnaround wireframes and rendered designs
- A solid understanding of frontend development and atomic design
- Strong visual design skills are a bonus but not required
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on Interface Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related fields.
Technologies we use
- A variety of languages including Python, Java, Elixir, Scala, Go, Angular, and React.
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, and ElasticSearch.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Docker, Consul, Jenkins, Ansible, and Github.
- Competitive pay, 401(k) match, stock options, and killer benefits.
- Free food. Angela and Paul, our in-house chefs, cook up breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the daily.
- Easy transportation and commuter benefits. Located in the heart of River North and right off of the brown line, you basically can’t miss us.
- Laundry service, gym reimbursement, and open PTO.