This position is located in our Chicago, IL office. No remote candidates will be considered for this role.
Telnyx is building the global telco of the future. We have deployed an international private software-defined network, with multiple tier-1 interconnects, leveraging all major cloud service providers to deliver a voice and messaging solution with carrier-grade reliability. We sell our services in a totally automated fashion, allowing our users to programmatically scale their voice and messaging on-demand.
In addition to providing service and software in major North American and European markets, we are expanding to Asia and are developing a wireless product that will provide licensed spectrum access to our infrastructure.
Telnyx has eighty employees (70% engineers) between our Chicago, IL office, Dublin, Ireland office and remote team. We have actual revenue traction, meaningful sequential monthly growth, and a massive addressable market.
Telnyx is looking for an energetic and driven IT professional that is ready and willing to take on the world. You will be tasked with handling internal Tier One support which includes laptops, workstations, printers, digital signage, conference rooms and IoT devices. In parallel to this duties you will also manage end to end projects to improve the company's processes.
You will be working in tandem with all the teams in the company to support a 24/7 global startup so there will be a lot to pitch in on. This role will be an opportunity to improve all your skills and get you a taste of other areas of expertise, such as automation, network, or development. You’ll be considered a domain expert, explore solutions to problems, and make critical decisions around technology use that can improve the quality of life for the company as a whole.
In this role, you will:
- Handle helpdesk support (Linux, Windows and Mac)
- Assist in managing user administration (SaaS products, Active Directory)
- Own laptop management (imaging, testing, development/improvements)
- Troubleshoot any issues with our in-office technology (IoT devices, Crestron systems, A/V, Conference rooms (Lifesize)
- Create and update documentation (help articles, cultivating a self service within the company)
- Manage, improve and design office technology solutions such as digital signage and IoT solutions.
- Create a robust technical desk solution
- Experience using Linux as a primary machine
- Linux Server maintenance
- Windows Server familiarity
- OSX desktop support experience
- Any projects like: creating a website from a VPC/VM, created a home network server/service
- Experience automating yourself out of problems
What we value:
- Scripting experience (Bash, Python, Perl or other)
- Active Directory management experience (> 1 year)
- SSO platform management (> 1 year)
- Authorization/security protocols:
- SAML (2.0)
- IPA/AD binding, privilege-management
- A/V and Telecom equipment experience
- Competitive pay, 401(k) match, stock options, and killer benefits.
- Free food. Angela and Paul, our in-house chefs, cook up breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the daily.
- Easy transportation and commuter benefits. Located in the heart of River North and right off of the brown line, you basically can’t miss us.
- Laundry service, gym reimbursement, and open PTO.