Telnyx is building the global telco of the future. We have deployed an international private software-defined network, with multiple tier-1 interconnects, leveraging all major cloud service providers to deliver a voice and messaging solution with carrier-grade reliability. We sell our services in a totally automated fashion, allowing our users to programmatically scale their voice and messaging on-demand.
In addition to providing service and software in major North American and European markets, we are expanding to Asia and are developing a wireless product that will provide licensed spectrum access to our infrastructure.
Telnyx has seventy employees (70% engineers) between our Chicago, IL office, Dublin, Ireland office and remote team. We have actual revenue traction, meaningful sequential monthly growth, and a massive addressable market.
Joining Our Team
At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication.
No matter where you're based, or which team you work on, you’ll be part of a group of people working together to build solutions to mission-critical problems and a company that values the very best ideas. People rely on our products to communicate daily, which means they rely on us to build things with a high degree of resiliency and reliability.
The IT Support Engineer must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally, they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem-solving ability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required. Proven ability to operate in extreme high-pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
Regular activities include network engineering and troubleshooting, project management, mentorship of Technical Support Technicians, data cabling, systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments, telecom/PBX administration, root cause analysis in problem-solving, and assistance in managing the daily activities of the department. A willingness to relocate as career advancement opportunities throughout the company become available is strongly desired.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain, develop and deploy laptop images for Linux, Windows and OS X.
- User management across the organization with Active Directory, FreeIPA and Okta
- Provide in-depth and personal technical support to our employees in person, through phone, live chat and ticketing system.
- Monitor, maintain and improve our internal infrastructure, employee workstations and technical assets.
- Manage conference rooms, A/V collaboration tools, digital signage, IoT devices and security systems.
- Manage application licensing, deployment, evaluation and contracting.
- Create, maintain and improve technical documentation.
- Assist in software releases and bug identification.
- Drive decisions and work streams across all aspects of the company.
What we value:
- Strong engineering background, preferred in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision. You understand that making mistakes means you’re learning, and you actively seek opportunities to grow and develop.
- You want to work on software that is changing the world and you're passionate about creating intuitive, scalable products that magnify the analytical capabilities of our users.
- Technical support experience
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Experience with Linux, Windows, and OS X
- High troubleshooting ability
- Self motivated and results driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be detailed with our technical products and systems
- Positive attitude and the ability to build rapport with a variety of people
- SSO/Okta management
- Active Directory
- Linux CLI familiarity
- Programmatic and automation skills
Technologies we use
- A variety of languages including Python, Java, Elixir, Scala, Go, Angular, and React.
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, and ElasticSearch.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Docker, Consul, Jenkins, Ansible, and Github.
Our Guiding Principles
We wrote these principles to be actionable, to inform decision-making and to provide a sense of what’s important and what’s right. We live our values every day. They guide how we hire, train, measure and reward each other.
Do more with less. We are creative problem solvers that always use constraints to our advantage.
Leverage the experience of others
Avoid unnecessary detours by learning from the mistakes and successes of others. Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.
Perfection is the enemy of progress. Always ask “why.” Think big, start small, collect data, and iterate quickly.
Seek exponential gains in our work by improving the lives of colleagues and customers.
Measure twice and cut once. Plan thoughtfully, always have someone double-check your work, and take deliberate action.
Be transparent and honest. Give direct feedback.
Err on the side of action.No one is above any task; take ownership and get things done.
Always think about what you can do today to put the company in the best position in the future.