Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Regional Vice President for our Europe and United Kingdom markets. The successful candidate will be accountable for organizing and directing the sale of Teknion’s products within Europe, the United Kingdom and surrounding markets. This position is responsible for increasing regional sales and market share, strategically increasing visibility to the Architecture/Design Community and end user, as well as supervising the selection and development of dealers or other distribution facilities.
- Accountable for all sales activities as it relates to achievement of regional sales and profitability objectives, sales forecasting, and business development
- Identifying market trends and opportunities within the assigned region including the development of new market segmentation and distribution initiatives
- Establishing, monitoring and achieving product category goals and activity targets within each region in support of Teknion’s business plan
- Managing approved lead generation and sales processes as appropriate for the region in question
- Determining, securing, and maintaining new network contacts through appropriate associations, and increasing Teknion’s visibility and presence in the Office Furniture industry
- Maintaining and enhancing business relationships with existing Dealers by meeting with Dealer Principles, and discussing and implementing ways to improve performance
- Providing Teknion Head Office with critical sales information and administrative reports in a timely manner, as well as keeping Head Office abreast of market conditions and trends
- Coordinating and managing office and showroom administration with regional staff, approve S.Q.’s, as well as establish regional budgets and approve marketing and administrative expenses
- Ensuring that peak performance is achieved by providing required resources, effectively utilizing skill sets of regional sales force, and appropriately resolving conflicts within the sales team
- Coaching, supporting, and directing a sales team in all functions of their job, as well as encouraging them to continue developing new selling skills
- Ensuring access to the best possible channels of distribution by continually searching for better methods to market Teknion products to end users
- Participating in the recruitment, selection and training of sales representatives and sales office personnel within the assigned region
- University Degree or College Diploma in business or in a related field with a specialization in sales or marketing
- Experience as a sales or marketing representative or in a related occupation
- Minimum 5 years experience in sales management
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent selling and human relations skills
- Excellent organizational, leadership/decision making skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Effective team building skills
- Good computer skills and experience working with Excel, Word, and similar applications
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round