Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Business Systems Specialist of Manufacturing Applications for our North York, ON. head office. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding and evaluating business processes as defined in the order to shipment cycle and as it relates to the systems used to enable such processes. The person will also be responsible for solution delivery, provide guidance to the business in defining business processes and determine what technical enablers will be required to facilitate the approved business process. In addition to solution delivery, the person will be responsible for documenting the use of any technology for the purpose of internal documentation and subsequent training to end users. The Business Systems Specialist will also be support internally to team for Business Analysts, taking an active role in ensuring cross training happens amongst their peers. The role of Business Systems Specialist of Manufacuring Applications will require the person to be available outside of regular business hours to support the business and perform system updates that cannot be executed during regular business hours.
- The person in this position requires minimal or no supervision in planning, designing, implementing, managing and troubleshooting systems throughout Teknion.
- Position trains team . Reviews, analyzes and evaluates applications and user needs. Configures systems to achieve overall business strategies.
- Writes detailed description of user needs, application functions and steps required to develop or modify application functions to meet user needs.
- Position assess customer system needs, serves as project lead in implementing solutions to complex problems and communicating with customers throughout the process, coordinating new projects of a complex nature, and communicating effectively with members of the team to ensure delivery of quality products to the customer and working closely with vendors to evaluate the most appropriate use of systems and products.
- Position supports applications, provides on-call service, provides appropriate application documentation and documented workflow, communicates effectively with end users and vendors, educates end users using terminology they understand, assesses and identifies users needs, interacts effectively as a member of a team, plans and organizes tasks and projects so projects are delivered on time, manages multiple priorities, meets deadlines, participates in group meetings, is or becomes familiar with or uses PMI project methodology and applicable tools.
- Solution delivery using the appropriate tools or vendors
- The ability to perform business analysis and translate the outcome into definable software functionality is a required skill.
- Must be able to function as a project lead in a complex situation.
- Must possess solid analytical skills that can translate the analysis into effective troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Must be team oriented
- Works independently or work in a team setting, taking lead where necessary.
- Must possess clear oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Accounting, MIS or Manufacturing; or 7years of progressive related manufacturing leadership experience in similar roles is required
- Extensive experience with large ERP systems such as Baan, Oracle EBS or SAP, computer languages, databases, operating systems, and hardware platforms
- Comprehensive documentation and technical writing skills including support documentation, trouble shooting skills, project documentation, small-mid size project implementation, flow diagrams, application specifications, and functional requirements
- Strong team player with good oral and written communication skills, conflict management, issue escalation, expectation management, and translation of business needs into technical requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Accurate and precise with above-average organizational skills
- Ability to handle multitask assignments and after hours if required