Develop and manage the creation of product data models for specified markets and manufacturing facilities, on schedule and within the quality tolerances of established New Product Launch standards. This encompasses working closely with New Product Manufacturing Engineering (NPME) and Product Marketing departments to create configurable models to be used in various Sales, Materials, Manufacturing, Logistics and Finance modules.
The position is responsible for the following:
1. Maintain multiple data management platforms of product configuration utilising native product configuration tools. This includes the structuring of bill of materials, routings, option features and options with attributes and algorithms (rules) to reflect current product additions and changes.
2. Work with cross-functional product development teams to obtain accurate information in support of new product implementations.
3. As required, process TFS Manufacturing engineering change orders (ECO) and Product Marketing product information memos (PIM). This includes updating the Manufacturing System’s part numbers, bill of materials and routings accordingly.
4. As required, liaise with Specials Design, Materials and Production to obtain accurate information to support the design of special product. Create items, bill of materials and routings accordingly.
5. Testing of the product data model for potential errors and assess for impact on system. Provide solutions around but not limited to:
o Configurator model structure
o Configurator rules
o Configurator system interfaces
6. Perform root-cause analysis, debugging and coding as required to support production. Work with DBA, functional, operational and infrastructure teams on problem resolution and optimization. Implement short-term solutions and make recommendations for long-term corrective actions that support system integrity.
7. When necessary, write/create technical specifications and business process flows to document aforementioned solutions.
8. When necessary, participate in the selection and implementation of new software or technology from software vendors that will improve the business processes specific to the function of Product Configuration Specialist.
9. Manage or support process improvement projects (Lean Office).
10. Manage or support job related training.
· University Degree or advanced College diploma in Computer Science, MIS, or relevant major (i.e. Engineering)
· Minimum of 3 years experience using a best in class ERP Configurator module (i.e. Oracle, Infor, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.). Preferred experience in Baan. Includes the creation of model structures and rule definitions
· Minimum of 3 years experience using a mainstream configurator rules interface or constraint definition language (statement rules) or similar 4GL programming. Preferred experience in the following development languages and tools: Baan 4c4 constraint definition language, Oracle 11i Configurator Application Development Tools, Oracle PL/SQL, Fortran, C++
· Understanding of bill of materials and routings structures and how they are associated with manufactured assemblies
· Excellent organizational and project management skills, with great attention to detail
· Ability to understand business flows, presentations and technical specifications
· Ability to read and understand detailed engineering CAD drawings
· Excellent communication, analytical and data development skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task, customer oriented environment
· High level of self-motivation and a willingness and ability to learn new skills
· Thorough knowledge of manufacturing systems and an understanding of the logistics of order processing and inventory management
· Lean office experience (value stream mapping)
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.