Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Manufacturing Engineer Coordinator for our Concord, ON location. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining manufacturing process as well as establishing, managing & validating projects that provide technical solutions to maintain and improve existing manufacturing process including equipment, tools, and methods. The Manufacturing Engineering Coordinator is also responsible to research for feasible technological development to improve manufacturing efficiency. This position is also accountable for working with the management, coordinators, technicians, mechanics, suppliers, and outside contractors for services that are cost-effective, support company objectives, and in line with pertinent government regulations.
- Research and provide engineering solutions that can be developed into feasible projects the incumbent will manage and validate thus maintaining and improving efficiency for current manufacturing equipment, tools, and process.
- Perform technical analysis and providing advice and suggestions to possible technological development that can improve Fileco's manufacturing efficiency.
- Define and maintain process information in electronic form (BAAN), including information routings, work centers, and other data required to determine work flow, plant capacity utilization, and standard product costing.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities in the plant as well as make recommendations for the process improvement of plant, products, and processes.
- Preserve and improve the value of assets in Fileco including but not limited to manufacturing equipment, tools, and process.
- Evaluate and review machinery problems as well as conduct root cause analysis on equipment failures.
- Work with contractors and suppliers for cost effective services and supplies as per project requirement.
- Provide technical knowledge and contribute to the implementation of health & safety, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Develop specifications to which the facilities will be designed and maintained by complying with ISO, OHSAS procedures and CSA standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by his/her immediate Manager and/or Senior Management.
- College or University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- P. Eng designation would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of pneumatic machines, welding, and paint lines
- Strong analytical skills
- Working understanding of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001
- Basic computer knowledge and skills (Word, Excel) 7) Basic CAD skills ( AutoCAD, solidworks, Pro-Engineer)
- High degree of interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Flexibility to deal with employees at all levels
- Project Management skills/background would be desirable
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position