Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Order Management Specialist for our North York, ON head office. The successful candidate will be accountable for assuring that customers receive efficient and courteous service. The Order Management Specialist primary focus is on managing an order from point of order placement through to shipment. The Order Management Specialist will manage and communicate issues related to the customer order.
The Order Management Specialist may be involved in customer requests related to other Customer facing processes which require the candidate to act as a liaison between various internal departments and the Customer.
- This incumbent is accountable for maintaining a Daily Log of all their customer orders. This log is the primary tool for the Customer Service Rep to monitor and proactively advise customers/dealers to any abnormal activity on their accounts, as well as any non-product related charges to the order.
- Required to respond and assist with customer requests surrounding pre-order through to payment processes.
- This incumbent is responsible for effectively resolving customer and manufacturing identified issues utilising effective problem solving techniques, through direct interaction with both Teknion’s internal and external customers, as well as effectively communicating escalated issues to the appropriate department management, and enforcing Teknion policies, guidelines, and best practices.
- This position is responsible for professionally addressing customer requests for adjustments on orders or billing and providing the appropriate feedback on any issues that may arise from such changes. Examples; storage charges, delays in manufacturing, additional shipping costs and restocking charges.
- The Customer Service Representative is responsible for working within Teknion’s Dealer and Client Services Team and providing support to other team members as required to provide service to all customers.
- In addition, the incumbent is expected to identify areas where they see process improvement opportunities, initiating and following through on concepts, which result in productivity gains for the department.
- Additional tasks, as required to maintain operations.
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
- Post secondary education or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of Customer Service related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment that is deadline oriented
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Computer literate, including word processing, spread sheet programs, e-mail, MRP system and network usage
- Knowledge of the office furniture industry, or the manufacturing environment is an asset
- General skills in both Excel and Microsoft word
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position