Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Business Analyst (BAAN) for our North York, ON head office for a 12 month contract. In this role, the successful candidate will provide expert knowledge in manufacturing, warehousing, inventory, supply chain business principles as it relates to Baan Manufacturing and Distribution modules. Knowledge of Baan Finance and how it relates to Baan Manufacturing and Baan Distribution modules is desired but not mandatory.
- Provide analysis, support and make recommendation to configurations within BaaN Manufacturing and Distribution modules. Responsible for understanding the requirements of the business and translating them to functional requirements that can be easily translated to actionable standard Baan configurations or technology requirements.
- Train end users on configurations and solutions delivered by Information Technology. For projects assigned, maintain relevant documentation and provide project management.
- Develop and maintain process diagrams and documentation following the Teknion approved System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Problem analysis and resolution recommendations as it relates to Baan Manufacturing and Distribution is required for this role.
- Creating and delivering presentations
- In cross functional projects, the role will also be required to work with other management within Information Technology.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with customers/stakeholders to analyze information needs and functional requirements for current and future state and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Business Requirements Document, Functional Requirements, Use Cases, Graphical User Interface (GUI), Screen and Interface designs all following Teknion approved SDLC
- Position will require the individual to serve as Project Lead in projects in the implementation of solutions to complex problems and communicating with vendors, if required, throughout the process and communicating effectively with members of the solution team to ensure delivery of quality products to the customer.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community and Information Technology
- Develop required specifications according to Teknion approved SDLC
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Coach and train end users
- Analyze configurations/setups and processes, making recommendations that aligns to the business vision/needs
- Must possess solid analytical skills that can translate the analysis into effective troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Works independently or work in a team setting, taking lead where necessary.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a solid understanding of MRP, PRP, Inventory management, BOM, Routings, cycle counting and periodic counting and shop floor manufacturing experience. Understanding of perpetual inventory is an asset.
- Please list what you need the person to do here. Try to make these tasks sound as interesting as possible.
- High level of expertise in all manufacturing areas such as Master Production Scheduling, Capacity Requirements Planning, Shop Floor Control, Bills of Materials, Product Configuration, etc.
- Post secondary education including Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job-related experience (5-7 Years).
- CPP certification an asset but not required. (CPP is certification of PMAC training)
- CPIM certification is asset but not required. Any candidate that does not have this certification but meets all other requirements will be considered. (CPIM is a certification of APICS training)
- Commitment to process control discipline including documentation of policies and procedures where necessary.
- Articulate and computer literate. Must have excellent knowledge Baan Manufacturing and Distribution.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Accurate and precise with above average organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and with team members.
- Ability to handle multitask assignments and prioritise work on demand.
- Personable, with a high level of “people” and communication attributes, both oral and written.
- Lean Manufacturing and Lean in the Office experience is an asset
- Wide knowledge of business processes and workflows for various types of businesses.
- Ability to identify new solutions to solve business problems.
- Ability to work weekends and after hours as required. Travel may be required.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position