Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time BAAN ERP Applications Developer for our North York, ON head office for a 12 month contract. In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for understanding and evaluating business processes as defined in the order to cash cycle and as it relates to the systems used to enable such processes.
The incumbent will also be responsible for solution delivery, provide guidance to the business in defining business processes and determine what technical enablers will be required to facilitate the approved business process. In addition to solution delivery, the incumbent will be responsible for documenting the use of any technology for the purpose of internal IT documentation and subsequent training to end users. Finally the Applications Developer is responsible,
- for ensuring that the applications under his/her portfolio is maintained in such a manner that it does not conflict with contracts under which these applications operate
- for ensuring that the applications under his/her portfolio is kept up to date with the latest patches.
The role of Applications Developer will require the incumbent to be available outside of regular business hours to support the business and perform system updates that cannot be executed during regular business hours.
- The person in this position requires minimal or no supervision in planning, designing, implementing, managing and troubleshooting systems throughout Teknion.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates applications and user needs. Configures systems to achieve overall business strategies.
- Writes detailed description of user needs, application functions and steps required to develop or modify application functions to meet user needs.
- Position assess customer system needs, serves as project lead in implementing solutions to complex problems and communicating with customers throughout the process, coordinating new projects of a complex nature, and communicating effectively with members of the team to ensure delivery of quality products to the customer and working closely with vendors to evaluate the most appropriate use of systems and products.
- Position supports applications, provides on-call service, provides appropriate application documentation and documented workflow, communicates effectively with end users and vendors, educates end users using terminology they understand, assesses and identifies users needs, interacts effectively as a member of a team, plans and organizes tasks and projects so projects are delivered on time, manages multiple priorities, meets deadlines, participates in group meetings, is or becomes familiar with or uses PMI project methodology and applicable tools.
- Solution delivery using the appropriate tools or vendors
- The ability to perform business analysis and translate the outcome into definable software functionality is a required skill.
- Must be able to function as a project lead in a complex situation.
- Over seven (7+) years Baan Tools development including sessions, reports, interfaces, AFS function servers.
- Administration experience in Baan and LN
- Over three (3+) years experience, functional and technical, including developing BOD.
- Knowledge of ION and Mingle
- Knowledge of Operating Systems UNIX and Windows required
- Must possess solid analytical skills that can translate the analysis into effective troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Works independently or work in a team setting, taking lead where necessary.
- Must possess clear oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology from an accredited University.
- Minimum of 7 years progressive experience as technical application support staff including implementation, support, report writing, trouble shooting, upgrades, and customizing/configuring systems to business needs.
- Extensive experience with large ERP systems such as Baan, Oracle EBS or SAP, computer languages, databases, operating systems, and hardware platforms.
- Experience in Baan to LN migration is desirable
- Comprehensive documentation and technical writing skills including support documentation, trouble shooting skills, project documentation, small-mid size project implementation, flow diagrams, application specifications, and functional requirements.
- Strong team player with good oral and written communication skills, conflict management, issue escalation, expectation management, and translation of business needs into technical requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Accurate and precise with above average organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multitask assignments and prioritize work on demand.
- Ability to work weekends and after hours as required.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position