Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Solidworks Technologist for our North York, ON head office. The successful candidate will create Installation Guides and other marketing materials using AutoCAD and SolidWorks software. You will also be responsible for building new and improving existing CAD symbols, as well as supporting Revit program as needed.
- Liaise with Product and Program Management, Design and Product Engineering to obtain accurate information for the creation of Installation Guides and CAD symbols.
- Simplify engineering models for creation of CAD Symbols and apply Teknion symbols standards.
- Review, analyze, improve and test existing CAD symbols to ensure they meet Teknion standards.
- Develop Excel and AutoCAD scripts to enhance automation in the symbols creation process.
- Assemble models from SAT, STEP and/or IGES files in a 3D AutoCAD environment and create illustrations to assist the Desktop Publishing.
- Create Installation Guides using clear and logical steps.
- Review Engineering Change Orders, determine impact on existing installation guides and modify accordingly.
- Assess and implement feedback on Installation Guides from key Teknion personnel.
- Publish and distribute completed installation guides through appropriate channels.
- Respond to questions from internal and external customers regarding product installation and symbols.
- Gather, organize and structure Revit Scope, according to Revit Strategy, to support Teknion’s Planning Tool.
- Create Revit families and Sketch-Up models as needed to support Teknion’s product launch cycle.
- Assist in the Revit/SketchUp asset distribution process by generating website thumbnails and being familiar with the process for updating our SketchUp Warehouse content.
- Assist with Revit rapid response requests to support sales pursuits.
- Identify, propose and implement improvements to existing processes
- Post Secondary education or equivalent experience (typically Architectural or Engineering Technician or Technologist).
- Ability to interpret installation instructions and engineering drawings.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and SolidWorks (both 2D and 3D)
- Working knowledge of Revit’s family editor environment and SketchUp.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD LISP and VBA knowledge is an asset.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position