Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Materials Manager for our Seating plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a plant specific Materials and Purchasing department, including Purchasing, Receiving, Production Planning and Inventory Control. The manager is responsible for maintaining oversight and providing direction as it relates to these specific areas of responsibility. In addition, this position is responsible for developing and implementing policies, standards and procedures as required. All tasks are performed in the most cost efficient manner, in accordance with company standards, and with available resources, in order to maximize profitability.
- Maintain uninterrupted flow of materials to manufacturing through the effective management of the vendor base.
- Manage plant material inventory levels through the development and implementation of annual targets.
- Accountable for vendor selection, negotiations and management of vendor performance. The development and implementation of vendor development strategies as required.
- Accountable for leading a multi-disciplinary teams to generate, validate and implement cost reduction activities
- Responsible for developing and implementing plant wide lean activities.
- The incumbent is responsible to lead and / or participate in Engineering Change meetings and develop plans to conduct any associated activities coming from such meetings.
- The position is accountable for ensuring that the required level of service is provided in the area of Materials and Purchasing
- The incumbent is responsible for maintaining standards as stipulated in ISO 9001 & ISO 14000 where applicable.
- The Manager is accountable for determining the appropriate staffing requirements consistent with the department workload. In addition, this incumbent is responsible for directing the selection and training of personnel and overseeing performance management and pay program administration for his/her subordinates.
- The incumbent is, together with Engineering, responsible for developing and working with suppliers to ensure that parts are supplied to Teknion at the required quality level and that supplier have the capability to supply to such levels.
- The incumbent is accountable for maintaining a highly motivated and enthusiastic workforce by working with the HR department in the development and implementation of programs that will attract, retain and motivate employees.
- This position is responsible for ensuring that training programs, whether internal or external be taken into account, and if deemed to be of benefit to both the employee and Teknion, he/she will ensure that employees be provided with opportunity to attend, so as to improve individual skills and competencies and provide career advancement/succession planning.
- Post secondary education and / or equivalent job-related experience in Materials Management
- Experience in a supervisory / management position.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to the documentation of policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of PPAP, PFMEA, APQP and VE/VA procedures
- Experience with vendor negotiations and programs
- Thorough understanding of & approach to continuous improvement
- Good leadership and decision making skills
- Accurate and precise with above average organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position