Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Product Manager, Seating for our North York, ON office. Reporting to the Director of Ergonomic Initiatives, the Product Manager will be responsible for development, maintenance and growth of assigned product lines/product categories leading the overall activities of these product categories.
- Craft business development and product marketing strategies and plans.
- Working with the VP, Corporate Marketing and Teknion Seating Group management, Reporting to the VP, Corporate Marketing, the Product Manager will be responsible for development, maintenance and growth of assigned product lines/product categories leading the overall activities of these product categories.
- The incumbent will work very closely with Teknion’s sales organizations and specific manufacturing groups to develop, grow and support these businesses for Teknion in all markets as appropriate.
- The Product Manager will be accountable to ensure the effective management and support of their assigned product lines, and that products are brought to market in an effective and timely manner, aligned with Teknion processes.
- Working with the VP, Corporate Marketing and Teknion Seating Group Management, identify potential business, product opportunities and alliances that fit with category goals and supplier capabilities.
- Validate and learn from broad inputs - customers, analysts, competition, partners, suppliers, employees, sales channels, etc.
- Identify product evolution discontinuities (driven by competitive or technical trends) and recommend optimized solutions for enhanced customer value and profitability.
- Maintain a leading-edge understanding of custom, technical and competitive trends related to the various markets (recognizing consistencies/inconsistencies in these trends across market regions).
- Define key success factors concerning the development and maintenance of a leadership position within respective categories.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Postgraduate degree (MBA) preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of increasingly more senior experience in a Product Marketing/Business Development/Ergonomic Products role in an industrial, business-to-business environment.
- International organization experience, specifically interfacing with a CDN/US/global division.
- Familiarity with design-driven products, in a technology/engineering orientation.
- Contract Furniture Systems business experience preferred.
- Business Development – identifying, validating and developing new business and product opportunities.
- Product Management – developing, implementing, and monitoring product marketing plans and strategies.
- Human Machine Interaction – designing products with minimal user error
- Product Launch – successfully managed new product cycles/launch.
- Pricing experience – developing/managing complex pricing strategies.
- Led major change initiatives, focused on driving innovation/creativity.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, with exposure to databases and statistical analysis software.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position