Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time BOM Controller for our North York, ON head office. The BOM Controller will maintain the Manufacturing System’s item master, bill of materials and routings. Ensure that all item, BOM and routing information within the system is complete and accurate. The BOM Controller must coordinate with Engineering, Materials and Production to deliver material requirements on-time to meet the required customer demand.
- Create bill of materials and routings from detailed drawings to support the design of special products. This function includes the entering of all component parts with all related information in the customised item data, creating the bill of material (BOM) in customised format, and creating and attaching routings (ROU) in customised format.
- Liaise with Specials Designer, Materials and Production to ensure that drawing and routing information is correct and complete as provided and entered.
- As required, process post Launch clean-up engineering change orders (ECO).
- As required, process TFS Manufacturing engineering changes. This includes updating all part numbers, bill of materials, routings and all related Engineering Data Management (EDM) processes, i.e. revision #’s.
- Maintain the existing part numbering system in the Item Master (ITM), ensuring correct data set-up of all MRP and PRP codes.
- Randomly audit and root-cause related bill of materials inquiries. Resolve and document production floor issues with Engineering and Manufacturing Systems. Support process improvement projects (Lean Office)
- Diploma/degree in manufacturing systems related course from an accredited post-secondary institution or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer literate with (preferably) a technical background.
- Related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using a mainstream ERP system (i.e. Infor, Oracle, SAP, etc.). Preferred experience in Baan.
- Exposure to BAAN constraint programming, similar programming languages (i.e. FORTRAN, C++, etc.) or a demonstrable ability to quickly learn these skills (e.g. Computer programming experience) is required.
- Ability to read and understand detailed engineering CAD drawings.
- Understanding of bill of materials and routings structures and how they are associated with manufactured assemblies.
- Well-developed communication, analytical and data entry skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task, customer oriented environment.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position