Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Engineering Data Support for our Tekwood facility. This position is responsible for providing reliable data that will serve as a tool/reference for smooth flow of work among the production team as well as ensuring the optimization of the material.
The incumbent is responsible for shop floor technical support role requiring a specific skill set and product knowledge. Skills include InSight scheduling and ABC true nesting and panel saw optimization software. This position is also responsible for ensuring a good communication with plant manager, production supervisors and machine operators when they require clarification of the work orders, or drawings to be re-printed.
· Generate daily drawings print outs according to the production schedule
· Create part number base on drawings
· Create cut-to-size materials as needed by purchasing
· Create part numbers and link to purchasing module
· Verify dimensions base on drawings / CNC programmers
· Participate in cross functional teams to resolve issues regarding work orders
· Work with IT and 20-20 to continues improve efficiency of ERP system
· Support other departments as required
· Performs other related tasks as assigned
· High school graduate or equivalent job related experience
· Knowledge of production scheduling
· Experience with Nesting Software
· Working knowledge of general manufacturing practices and processes, engineering information system
· Proficiency in Office and Google applications, knowledge of InSight is an asset
· High degree of interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast-moving stressful environment
· Ability to work independently without supervision
· Work cooperatively with co-workers
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create and maintain a positive environment
· Ability to handle multitask assignments and prioritize work on demand
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position