Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Application Team Lead for our North York, ON head office. The Application Team Lead will lead the team of Application Developers & Application Support Specialists in the day-to-day activities to ensure that new and existing applications and environments, that are the responsibility of the IT Business Application team, are developed and supported effectively & efficiently. This will include the responsibility for the overall architecture, analysis, design, development and delivery of business application solutions.
Motivate team members and assesses performance. Assists management in additional activities of hiring, training, and software tooling and keeps management updated on the team performance.
The Team Lead will report directly to the Director, Business Applications (Supervisor). In addition, the Application Team Lead is expected to be innovative and keep up / implement current and newer technologies, frameworks and solutions in guidance with the Objectives of the team as identified by the Supervisor
- Responsible for the overall delivery of Business Application Solutions and Support by the IT Business Applications Team as directed by the Supervisor
- Business Requirements intakes on new PMO Projects – assessing existing solution architecture(s) and providing effort & timeline estimates to the Project Management Office (PMO); providing technical direction and guidance to the development team
- Project Documentation in accordance with the established PMO and department standards
- Ensure Compliance on Project Delivery – Development Standards, Statutory (AODA), Security Standards, others
- Quality Assurance – Develop and apply standards and procedures to ensure Quality and Release readiness on all development and documentation deliverables
- Understands SaaS, PaaS and other service-based models and is able to architect integrated solutions
- Understands Data! The ability to create / view / orchestrate strong data models to represent the variety of data used by applications
- Provide technical leadership in managing the development and support teams consisting of in-house as well as outsourced developers
- Using a “best practices” and a standards-based approach; provide technology solutions for business applications. These would include Mobile, Web, Client/Server and Character (Telnet) Solutions using new and existing technology stacks.
- Application Development to be focused on Cloud, Mobile (Native & Web – HTML 5 and later) and other solutions
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Achieve high level of project and end-user satisfaction
- Demonstrate problem ownership
- Delivering projects within established timelines
- Continuous contributions to the innovation and advancement of the development team
- Professional, Mature and Detail oriented, working under minimal supervision
- University degree in Computer Science or Other.
- Strong working knowledge in
- OpenEdge 12 and its components (including Databases, PSDOE, PASOE, OE Management and .NET Controls)
- Web Technology frameworks (Kendo UI on Angular, Bootstrap, etc)
- REST API – conceptual and practical knowledge
- Data Modelling, Application Modelling and Architecture, Objects, Databases & Web Concepts
- RHEL Linux Operating Systems
- Messaging Middleware (ActiveMQ)
- Integration Middleware (Dell Boomi)
- Cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) Application technologies -E.g.: Salesforce, Heroku, others
- 7+ years working with business systems.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position