Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Business Analyst, Solidworks Specialist who will manage technical support to aid with the development and implementation of product life cycle (development to obsolescence) automation processes throughout all Teknion Limited facilities.
Technical expertise at a corporate level is necessary to facilitate the deployment and integration of different technologies in support of process automation initiatives. Moreover, it is important that this be done in a manner that allows the solution to be ported throughout the organization while maintaining the scale-ability//flexibility necessary to support different business needs.
Although this position is specifically responsible for support of the Art to Part automation project, it is expected to provide expertise to any process automation project within the corporation.
- Technical Support
- Develop, demonstrate and disseminate detailed knowledge of Teknion's product life cycle process from product development, through specification and ordering to end of life
- Demonstrate and disseminate knowledge of 3D CAD model creation in support of the automated configuration of assemblies, creation of BOMs/routing and CNC program development from the developed models
- Provide design guidance and technical specification for the integration of Engineering, Order Processing and Manufacturing support technologies with a specific emphasis on workflow automation.
- Act as a bridge between IT and business leaders to assist management with the translation of business needs communication of technology solutions.
- Maintain strong technical relationships with peers and vendors.
- Attend seminars, user group meetings, training, investigate new technologies, etc. as necessary to continuously build expertise in the area of process automation including best practices within the furniture, architectural products and related/similar industries (eg. door and window manufacturing)
- Capital Projects
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Art to Part project.
- Business case development, submission of Purchase Requests, forecasting expenditures and cost tracking.
- Solution Development
- Work with IT and business leaders to specify and select technology for new processes or technology upgrades
- Guide system development/installation activities and assist with the delivery of total process documentation to impacted groups and facilities.
- Technology Transformation
- Develop deployment plans for newly developed processes as needed.
- Assist with any setup or data input activities as necessary.
- Project Management
- Utilize project management tools for associated projects including project and resource planning.
- Implement corrective actions when necessary to assure timely completion.
- Resource Management
- Assist with the hiring and training of project team members for the Art to Part project and related automation projects as required
- Directly coordinate the activities of project team members including work distribution, coordination, evaluation and approval.
- Train temporary resources in the procedures required to implement the solution.
- Support continuous improvement projects throughout the global business related to order development, order processing and manufacturing processes to increase throughput, improve quality, reduce costs, and enhance safety, etc.
- Analyze / benchmark alternatives and conduct cost comparisons.
- Work with associated groups to identify opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering preferred. (Will consider Engineering Technologist candidates with additional, relevant experience who significantly satisfy the requirements.)
- At least 12 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing or automation engineering
- Demonstrable evidence of technical Operations and/or Manufacturing process leadership
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Open minded, conceptual thinker comfortable working at both the 10,000 ft. and detail levels
- Ability to quickly review and understand process flows to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Extremely strong ability in 3D Modeling and the creation of supporting manufacturing information
- Good understanding of “best in class” Operations practice
- Good understanding of Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) standards
- Experience using Solidworks 2014+ and AutoCad 2012+ in a “design-to-order” environment
- Experience working in a PDM and ERP environment
- Advanced technical manufacturing process experience; good understanding of production automation practices in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Experience with the implementation of CPQ software (eg. DriveWorks) and CNC programming would be an asset
- Proven ability to influence internal and external customers
- Advanced project management and demonstrable leadership skills
- Strong analytical and variance analysis/root cause analysis
- Strong general communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable and effective working both with teams and with minimal support to meet tight timelines
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position