Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Engineering Administrator for our North York, ON location. The Engineering Administrator is responsible for auditing, processing, and releasing Engineering Changes, CAD files, and controlled documents using a product data management system.
- Process and release Engineering Changes (ECR/ECO/ECN).
- Audit Engineering Change packages for quality control, and work with engineering teams to resolve discrepancies or inconsistencies.
- Document/data control using Solidworks PDM (approving and moving files, assigning revision levels, maintaining organized file and folder structures).
- Communicate engineering change documentation with internal stakeholders and outside suppliers.
- Manage Engineering Change queue in an efficient and timely manner (approximately 400 per year with varying degrees of urgency).
- Maintain ISO documentation and represent the engineering team during ISO audits.
- Modify Solidworks models and drawings for minor Engineering Changes or corrections.
- Support the product technical hotline and certification testing team when other team members are absent.
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Post-secondary education with a technical degree/diploma
- Minimum 2+ years experience working in a supporting role in an engineering department or similar (administrator, document controller, draftsperson)
- Experience with accessing CAD files and reading technical drawings (Solidworks CAD and PDM, Autocad)
- Experience with ECR/ECO/ECN processes within and ISO/QS 9000 environment
- Knowledge of common office software (Word, Excel, G Suite, Box/Dropbox)
- Detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to changing priorities
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.