Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
The APG Field Project Manager is responsible for co-coordinating all aspects of the installation of Teknion demount-able wall product in the field. This includes the recommendation of installation resources based on complexity of the install, installation scheduling, co-ordination of offload, inventory, installation phasing, final walk-through and deficiency resolution. In this capacity the incumbent will work directly with the Architectural Products Internal Project Manager (PMO) and act as an interface between the PMO and the field. The incumbent must be very familiar with all Teknion demount-able wall product, demount-able wall installation procedures, on-site project coordination, troubleshooting, error reporting and problem resolution. In addition, this position is also responsible for supervising installation crews with varying degrees of ability to ensure that the service meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Reports directly to the Teknion Architectural Products Installation and Certification Manager.
- The incumbent is accountable for the installation and service of the product, including the ability to package, manifest, order, receive and off-load the product.
- The incumbent will have the ability to work effectively with internal and external customers, communicate tactfully and effectively and understand how to diffuse potentially explosive situations by involving the right people at the right time.
- The incumbent is responsible for arranging outside manpower with approval of the Installation and Training Manager and providing direct supervision of installation manpower in order to meet the installation requirements.
- The incumbent is accountable for providing assistance as required to the Engineering, Service and Mock-up departments.
- The incumbent is responsible for communicating problems anticipated or experienced with the product, process or training to management and for providing recommendations for improvement.
- The incumbent must have the ability to react quickly to changing installation conditions and propose effective alternatives to address.
- Must be willing and able to perform installation training in the field as well as in our training facility.
- Post secondary education with a degree or diploma in Project Management is recommended; equivalent work experience of at least 5 years will be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret construction CAD drawings.
- Sufficient math skills to enable the calculation of on-site cuts.
- Minimum three years product installation experience working under the direction of a Field Project Manager or General Contractor.
- Carpenter skills at a journey man level are required with the ability to read blue prints and transcribe to site conditions.
- Experience working in the demount-able wall or general construction industry.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills (experience in a customer facing role is an asset).
- Must be a self starter, very hands on and with a demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Comfortable working both independently and within a team environment.
- Good computer skills and experience working with Excel, Word, Project or similar applications.
- Supervisory experience with construction trades or with commercial office furniture installers.
- Ability to work on a construction site with the potential for some heavy lifting up to a maximum of 75lbs.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Canada or Internationally much as 70% of the time. Must have a valid driver’s licence and passport.
- Must be familiar and able to use hand and power tools.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position