Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Customs Compliance Specialist for our North York, ON head office. The Custom Compliance Specialist is responsible for promoting regulatory compliance for import and export for all Teknion's location in accordance with Canadian, US, and International regulatory requirements. The successful candidate will elaborate and implement procedures to ensure a industry leading compliance.
The Customs Compliance Specialist would successfully initialize cost saving optimization projects to include but not limited to, trucking route and load optimization, cost saving initiatives, optimization of processes and other projects as requested.
- Established a process to ensure that all imported and exported products are properly classified prior to shipment
- Manage Teknion's tariff database for both completion and accuracy
- Analyze the origin determination of manufactured products in accordance with the rules of origin and prepare Certificates of Origin
- Audit broker's invoices to ensure proper tariff classification and recover incorrectly paid duty
- Develop tools to optimize and standardize customs activities
- Respond to import and/or export customs compliance requests for information
- Collaborate with customs brokers to ensure compliance and to facilitate the import and export clearance process
- Work in partnership with buyers, finance, logistics and manufacturing team within Teknion
- facilitate the steps required for C-TPAT certification yearly requirements
- Any other related tasks
- University degree or college diploma in international trade or transportation logistics and customs
- Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) designation or enrollment is an asset
- Understanding of the Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System
- Able to identify documentation for Customs entries (commercial invoice, packing list, Bill of Lading, etc.)
- 5 years of experience in similar position
- Strong analytical skills and expertise in resolving customs issues
- Desire to innovate and implement tools to increase efficiency
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position