Interact with various departments to give technical support and make recommendations for the provision of adequate tools, equipment and methods to produce the most profitable product at the highest quality standard. Develop, improve and maintain the manufacturing capability to meet and exceed quality, safety and cost standards.
· Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to improve manufacturing quality, repeatability and cost-effectiveness. i.e. conducting Kaizen events, VSM, 5S program, etc.
· Identify opportunities and implement changes to improve product quality or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, product design, materials and parts.
· Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations and train production personnel in new or existing methods.
· Design layout of equipment and work-spaces to achieve maximum efficiency. Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks and prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
· Support operational activities including Engineering , Design, Production, Safety and Quality
· Identifies and implements approved strategies while monitoring performance against established performance objective and targets.
· Works closely with the Plant Management to identify, develop, and implement the business unit's growth and efficient work processes
· Provides input in aligning overall strategies and corporate goals with other business units/divisions
· Ensure new product or engineering change implementations occur in production by supplying information to the involved parties, ordering proper equipment and tooling, implementing processes on the shop floor, approving products and updating engineering product drawings in the database.
· For existing and new products, analyze the costs, materials and labor requirements and as well, issue Engineering Change Requests, modify tooling, layouts (to improve capacity load of product) and material handling to constantly improve the manufacturing process.
· Support ISO9001& ISO14001 Management Systems
· Liaise with vendors by developing specifications and participating in the design and commissioning of new equipment and/or installations. Also coordinate and negotiate service contracts as necessary.
· Liaise with database Management department for BOM/Part Routing review
· Develop and implement Environmental/Health & Safety procedures in liaison with the appropriate Federal/Provincial safety/environmental agency and industry organizations, and then train and educate the shop floor personnel accordingly.
Evaluate Temporary Deviation Requests that could be generated internally or externally.
· University engineering degree or equivalent, P. Eng license preferred
· A working knowledge of Value stream mapping, 5s programs, scheduling, constraint management, and quality systems
· Minimum Five years experience in manufacturing environment
· Experience in Solidworks and/or AutoCad
· Well-organized, results driven, energetic team player with excellent communication skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to create and maintain a positive environment focused on maximizing the skills and abilities of all employees
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making capabilities
· Strong desire for entrepreneurial management style and ethical business practices
· Strong knowledge of metal fabrication (Stamping, Rollforming,Welding) processes, tooling, equipment
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.