Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time IT Business Applications Support Specialist for our North York, ON head office. The IT Business Applications Support Specialist (here in referred to as Support Specialist) is responsible for facilitating, maintaining, coordinating the day to day operations of the Business Applications within the Business Applications team.
The Support Specialist will report directly to the Director, Business Applications (Manager).
- Providing necessary support to the Business Users on systems and applications that are in the Business Application Domain. These will include internally developed applications, 3rd party managed applications, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS hosted applications as well as other integrations between Teknion, its divisions and its business partners and customers
- Provide Tier-1 support on all Business Applications based on Help Desk tickets
- Handling escalations to the Team Lead or Developers as required
- Management of User Accounts within the supported Business
- Provide timely and periodic statistics & reporting on tickets, systemic issues, etc to the Team Lead and /or Manager
- Lead the onboarding of users on to new or enhanced applications arising out of Project Development. This includes…
- Establishing Standard Operating Procedures and Knowledgebase articles for the Help Desk Portal
- Perform or assist in the onboarding training
- Upload & Download business data as part of interactions between Teknion’s Business Applications and Teknion’s Business Partner’s Applications as per agreed guidelines.
- Monitor and maintain the Business Applications environment ensuring all required application components such as databases, application servers, scripts are in an operational state there by ensuring the Business Users have a complete, stable and productive environment.
- Integrate the Help Desk tickets with the Development Backlog System (JIRA) to ensure that all defects / enhancements are up to date. All defects are to be captured, verified, and recorded. The Support Specialist will work closely with the Team Lead and / or Manager to ensure…
- Timely allocation and fulfilment are met
- Testing processes and actions are successfully signed off
- Compliance and Quality Assurance on all deliverables are met
- Will be responsible to ensure that all tasks performed with in the Application Team are well documented and structured as per the Team’s internal standards. In the absence of a documentation standard, will be responsible for the creation of such standards and submit to the Manager for approval. The Support Specialist will work closely with the Manager to ensure these requirements are met.
- Will create, aid and assist the Developers in the team in the creation of user documentation
- Perform basic (ad hoc) scripting for custom reporting
- Will attend Team Meetings
- University Degree (or) College Diploma in Computer Science
- Good working knowledge of Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite, Web Tools / Applications, Tablet Technologies
- Have worked with web portals / applications at a user-level
- Knowledge of the following would be an asset: Newer Web Development Technologies / Standards - HTML 5, CSS3, Server Side Scripting, etc (at a basic level), OpenEdge suite, Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Detail Oriented person and enjoys working with users, Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and work with minimal supervision
- Experience as IT Support. Additional experience is various business verticals (Manufacturing, Operations, etc) a definite asset
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position