Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Product Database Specialist for our head office in North York, ON. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for creating Teknion’s product structure and product options in our PBPM database. This position is also responsible for working with Product Managers and Project Managers in coordinating software launches, along with generating and writing progress and error reports. The successful candidate will liaison with other departments to research and gather software and product information.
- Create and maintain the product and options architecture in Progress Product Database (PBPM).
- Export product data in XML and SIF formats for test catalogs.
- Test the compiled electronic catalogs in CAP Studio and check the validation logs and compare reports.
- Work closely with Product Managers in the Corporate Marketing department to ensure that the information for the new releases is received on a timely basis and in the proper format.
- Assist Product Managers in analyzing Visio diagrams for all product lines.
- Ensure that the information in the database reflects the product requirements, taking in account the database rules and restrictions.
- Create different check reports for internal use and other departments.
- Collaborate with different departments and groups: Baan, Operations, PPG etc.
- Communicate with various Teknion manufacturing groups on database related issues.
- Create and maintain a tracking sheet in Excel with all new product launches, which can be accessed by the Product Data Management group.
- Update and manage the product structure diagrams in Box
- Post secondary education with a minimum 3 years related experience.
- Superior working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as relational databases, graphic packages (MS Visio) required.
- Good understanding of Internet related formats and technologies (HTML, XML, XLS) is a definitive asset. Basic/General knowledge of networks also an asset.
- Must have strong attention to detail and possess strong organizational skills. Must be accurate with numbers.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Programming skills / UI Design.
- Familiarity and/or experience with product configurators.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position