Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time LUUM Textiles Representative for our Toronto, ON office. The LUUM Textiles Representative is responsible for marketing and selling LUUM products primarily to the architectural and design community, dealers (both Teknion and non-Teknion), and end users. Corporate/ Education/ University/Hospitality/ Healthcare are the primary market targets within a given geography. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; making design firm, dealer, and end user sales calls and presentations; sampling in a timely manner; establishing and/or maintaining business relationships with the architectural and design community, partnering with dealers; managing large projects to order, maintaining accurate and up to date forecasts; increasing LUUM sales volume and market share within the given territory.
- The LUUM Textiles Representative is responsible to identify and build relationships with architecture & design firms within local markets.
- The incumbent will deliver presentations to customer groups and provide high-level follow through to ensure clients’ needs are met and opportunities for improved relationships and new business are maximized.
- This position will make design firm, dealer, and end user sales calls, either alone or in conjunction with the appropriate members of the Teknion team
- The LUUM Textiles Representative will work the Vice President of Textiles to develop and execute on an overall territory plan which includes annual goals and objectives.
- This position will engage in networking opportunities to build interest in LUUM products and participate in client visits serving as the Textile product expert.
- The incumbent will support Teknion reps and dealers with product training, allocation and understanding of Textiles and resources.
- The LUUM Textiles Representative maintains a complete and thorough knowledge of all products as well as the competitors’ offering.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or the equivalent level of professional experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of sales experience in contract textiles preferred, contract furniture or related industry accepted.
- Ability to work independently and achieve results.
- Ability to create, build and maintain relationships with customers, influencers, dealers and sales team.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and highly motivated.
- Advanced selling skills, e.g. excellent presentation and marketing (including social media) skills, qualify prospects, lead generation, new business development, account penetration, strategic selling knowledge, ability to 'close'.
- Demonstrated effective negotiation and closing techniques.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and a strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position