Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Sales Support Specialist for our Architectural Interiors group in our North York, ON head office for an 18 month contract. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the supporting of Canadian Sales in the growth of the Architectural Interior business in Canada by providing technical, specification, process and project support.
- In conjunction with the RVP Architectural Interiors Canada, interact with the Architectural Interiors division on technical, product, specification, project and sales support.
- Work closely with Canadian Sales in the support of architectural opportunities to achieve regional sales goals.
- Assist Canadian Sales with the gathering of information and the communication of schedules required to support an assigned Architectural Interiors project.
- Act as budget quotation resource for Canadian Sales, to support and train on the use of this tool.
- Act as a technical support for the response to Architectural Interior RFP’s and other major opportunities within Canadian Sales, as required.
- Act as a product expert and support Canadian Sales on complex Architectural Interior projects, as required.
- Reviews installation plans for special conditions, including site checks, as required.
- Coordinates renderings and mock-ups as necessary.
- Attends project/construction meetings as directed, in conjunction with Canadian Sales.
- Provides product application solutions, conferring with the RVP Architectural Interiors and the specials team.
- As directed, liaises with Canadian Sales to discuss requirements, create specials and have drawings/specifications prepared, as required.
- Work with Canadian Sales in the creation of the project milestone schedule.
- Assist Canadian Sales in liaising internally on project lead-times, mockups, specials and deficiencies
- Understand and interpret the base building interface requirements as drawn on a base building plan including but not limited to elevations, door/hardware/finish schedules, specifications, reflected ceiling and electrical plans, etc.
- Read and interpret AutoCAD drawings; identify potential issues and suggest product and/or process alternatives to resolve.
- Act as a technical resource for Canadian Sales to assist with advanced knowledge of technical aspects of Architectural Interiors.
- Post secondary education with a degree or diploma in Architectural Technology or Interior Design.
- Minimum 2-5 years related experience (e.g. construction management) preferable.
- Working knowledge of the interior construction industry is essential.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and other related software.
- A proven ability to read, interpret and understand architectural drawings and transcribe site conditions
- Must be comfortable working both independently as well as within a team environment.
- Background in customer service would be an asset.
- Strong presentation and organizational skills with an attention to detail and ability to multitask with extremely tight timelines.
- Project management and time management skills required.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal).
- Must have flexibility to travel as required
- Valid Drivers license required.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position