Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Accounts Payable Administrator for our North York, ON head office. The successful candidate will check, process and pay all incoming accounts, bills, and invoices received from suppliers
- Process all amounts payable through the Accounts Payable system in Baan. Match cheque drawn with appropriate documents, and submit for signature to Director of Finance. Obtain other required signatures, depending on levels of authority and ensure that cheque is mailed and or EFT sent within terms of payment agreed with the supplier.
- Responsible for creating weekly or daily cheque runs.
- Responsible for ensuring all utility/rent and Government invoices are coded and paid in a timely fashion
- Ensure that all invoices processed match with the purchase order and the quantities reflected as received on waybills. Ensure that discrepancies are resolved with purchasing and that any appropriate debits are issued against supplier. Ensure that all debit memos raised are entered into the system.
- Resolve disputes with suppliers regarding differences denoted on comparing prices, quantities or description of the product received as recorded on the supplier’s invoice with the purchase orders issued by the company.
- File and keep track of completed financial documents.
- Develop analysis of data from the accounts payable systems for accounting dept. on request.
- Inform purchasing and data processing departments, where inaccuracies in data (price changes or quantity differences) are noticed.
- Ensure that all invoices for the month are entered in a timely manner as defined by monthly schedule issued by the Senior Accounting Manager.
- Completion of high school diploma
- Secondary school diploma in Accounting is an asset
- Basic knowledge of operation of a computer and reasonable keyboarding skills
- Command of the English language
- Knowledge of accounts payable routines
- Knowledge of the operation of a computer
- Knowledge of accounting concepts
- Good keyboard skills
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position