Teikametrics is a leading maker of e-commerce AI. We help independent brands (both large and small) optimize their advertising, forecast demand, detect product issues and maximize overall profitability. While still at startup size (<150 employees), the company has significant annual-recurring-revenues, and has recently raised a Series A investment to fuel growth. Teikametrics is on target for over 100% revenue growth for its second year in a row.
Over 50% of all e-commerce sales are by independent, third-party sellers. The majority of these sellers are flying blind with nothing but basic spreadsheet software with which to manage their business. Our AI helps these sellers by providing deep performance analytics at a product level, as well as support for complex decision-making through a combination of econometrics and machine-learning.
Teikametrics offers competitive compensation and our benefits include a matching 401(k) plan, quarterly bonuses, unlimited vacation, and stock options. Our culture emphasizes a sustainable work-life-balance and creativity rather than long-hours, and our team is organized to provide a high level of support and 1:1 mentorship for developers at every level.
About the Role
Teikametrics is looking for a software engineer with strong computer science fundamentals and a background in application development.
Current back-end technologies at Teikametrics emphasize a ‘functional-first’ Scala stack with cats and fs2, powering a front-end that uses TypeScript with React and Redux. We also use Python and Postgresql.
Qualified candidates should have:
- 3+ years of experience working as a professional software developer.
- Experience with Java or other JVM languages. Experience with 'functional first' programming in Scala, Haskell, Clojure, etc. preferred.
- Knowledge of databases and experience with writing code that interfaces with the database layer. SQL/RDBMS experience required; experience with various NoSQL databases desired.
- Experience writing well designed and testable code, and writing effective unit and integration tests.
- Passion for learning and growing as a developer with the goal of one day mentoring others
- A desire to work in a collaborative environment focusing on continuous learning; participating in tech talks, code review, and some pair programming.