Techmates Group is looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- 3-5 years of experience in Front End development (HTML 5, CSS 3, ECMA 6)
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Sketch, Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Very good understanding of Web protocols and technologies, RESTful web services
- Experience working with third-party libraries, frameworks and APIs
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Understanding of common design/architectural patterns and engineering practices
- Understanding of Accessibility compliance and WCAG standards
- Ability to work remotely and responsibly communicate with your team
- Be a self-starter with little managerial oversight
What you will be doing:
- Develop new user-facing features that interface with REST services for real-time interaction, have front-end state management and follow best UX practices
- Build reusable, testable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and questioning designs when they don’t seem feasible
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders