Team Europe is the holding company of tech entrepreneur Lukasz Gadowski. We focus on delivering a better future through technical progress. Our heritage lies in digital commerce: Lukasz Gadowski has been an entrepreneur in the internet space since 2001 and was part of the founding story of Spreadshirt, MisterSpex, Point Nine Capital, and Delivery Hero, amongst others.
The principal responsibilities of this position will include the following:
- Working closely with our investment and venture development teams to ensure that legal aspects are well prepared and executed through various stages of the investment process
- Ensuring that our business flow runs smoothly through day-to-day management of legal and administrative tasks of our investment holding companies
- Liaison with banks, lawyers, notaries and tax advisors in relation to the set-up and the day-to-day business of various entities in various jurisdictions
- Drafting of legal documentation and assisting with the execution of such documents (notary meetings, NDAs, signature procedures and similar) as well as filing and maintenance of all documentation and correspondence, including but not limited to the portfolio, HR or financial matters
- Legal and administrative support regarding board matters, transactions and corporate events (such as equity and loan financing, tax and employee incentive scheme related legal support) in conjunction with our investment team and external legal advisors
- Assistance in preparation of annual accounts of different entities (liaising with external accounting and tax service providers) and being the sparring partner for the team regarding legal and administrative matters
The ideal candidate should have the following profile:
- A business apprenticeship or a university degree in law or one of the relevant fields of law: Rechtswissenschaften, Wirtschaftsrecht, Betriebswirtschaft or similar. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- At least 2 years of experience in managing a company’s legal and administrative tasks, ideally in an investment/holding company or a late-stage start-up. Experience in corporate law, investment reporting or finance/accounting (i.e. in a Big 4 role) is a plus.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, flexibility, motivation, and ability to work on a diverse set of legal topics
- Ability and willingness to take responsibility for your area of expertise and to work independently and unsupervised in your day-to-day, and a desire to leave matters and processes better and more structured
- Affinity towards order, precision, and structure, strong attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel and fluency in English and German (both verbal and written)