Mental & Behavioral Health Utilization Care Manager – Day Shift
About this role…
Do you remember the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears? The story starts out with a young girl who wanders into a house where she finds 3 bowls of porridge. One is too hot. One is too cold. And one is “just right.”
As a Utilization Care Manager with our mental and behavioral health team – your job is help patients find that “just right porridge” that will ensure that they are successful in their pursuit of health and wellness. This job isn’t just about saving money. It’s about making sure that people get the best possible care, for the best possible price and that they are surrounded by the correct team of providers in the least restrictive environment that will support their recovery.
Patients have more mental and behavioral health treatment options than ever before. The Utilization Care Manager coordinates across teams to make sure efforts are not duplicated and that patients are receiving streamlined and efficient care during their recovery.
Utilization Care Managers are tracking lots of information and details regarding their case load to document progress and justify the level of care selected. They are the steward of the resources available to support recovery and guard against over or under-utilization of services. This information is gathered through close monitoring of clients’ progress and collaboration across health care providers, mental health therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists & case managers. The Utilization Care Manager makes sure that the right hand knows what the left hand is doing.
This is a wonderful position for a licensed mental health therapist or case manager who is looking to continue to serve patients, but is hoping step out of a direct care role.
Our Ideal Utilization Care Manager
· Experienced mental health professional with a Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or other human services related field PLUS a current PA LPC, LCSW OR RN with certification in Psychiatry or Licensed PsyD. or PhD.
· Previous quality assessment, case management or utilization experience preferred
· Passion for collaboration to provide optimal results for patients
What We Offer our Utilization Care Manager
· Highly Competitive Pay DOE
· Relocation Assistance available
· Day Shift Hours
· Generous Paid Vacation
· Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
· Retirement with a match
· Disability & Life Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Strong culture of professional development & commitment to excellence
If you are a mental or behavioral health professional who is interested in being considered for our Utilization Care Manager position, please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format.