Controls Systems Engineer
· Work on a variety projects from start to finish - from concept to installation
· Have a big impact in a small company
· Troubleshoot and solve problems
· Work from a home office & enjoy a flexible schedule
Weidner Automation is looking for a Control Systems Engineer. You will be responsible for the development, design, programming, testing and commissioning of industrial control systems. We are looking for an engineer with experience, who would enjoy working from a home office, but who is willing to collaborate with other teammates who are also working remotely. The Control Systems Engineer may be working on individual projects where they will be expected to work on several different tasks—drafting, design, programming, etc. or they may work as a member of a project team, where they may have only one specific task to accomplish.
Our Controls Systems Engineer Will…
· Collaborateclosely with coworkers and customers on projects
· Troubleshootindustrial control systems for our customers
· Coordinatethe installation of systems
· Work with industrial automation equipment from a variety of manufacturers including Allen-Bradley, Siemens, GE Automation, Schneider Electric, Banner Engineering, Omron, Red Lion Controls, Idec, & Mitsubishi Electric
· Ensuredesigned systems meet current electrical and safety codes and standards
· Create control system documents such asFunctional Specifications, Factory Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing documents.
· Work from a home office, but go on-site with customers for trouble shooting and installation
Our Ideal Control Systems Engineer…
· Team Player:Humble enough to admit mistakes. Drive to do a great job. Treats teammates with respect.
· Experienced:10+ years programming Industrial Controls Systems. Capable of creating and editing electrical wiring diagrams, schematics, P&IDs, and control panel layout drawings using AutoCAD.
· Knowledgeable:Familiar with PLC/PAC programming, HMI systems, and SCADA applications.
· Innovative:Enjoys research and working with a team to uncover solutions
· Good Communicator: Able to communicate effectively with teammates and customers verbally & in writing
· Flexible:As part of a small team, you will see a variety of projects and be assigned a variety of responsibilities depending on your strengths and the current workload. We are looking for someone who is willing to adapt and change as the company grows.
· Organized:Working remotely means you need to organize your time to ensure deadlines are met.
· Problem Solver:Able to troubleshoot issues with automation control systems
· Willing to Travel:Some on-site time will be required for meetings, installation, trouble shooting, etc. Most customers are in the Central PA region.
What We Offer…
· Competitive Pay
· Generous Health Insurance
· Paid Vacation and Holidays
· Work remotely
· Flexible Work Schedule
· A positive work environment, where you have input into changes & can be a part of the growth of the company
To be considered for our Control Systems Engineer position, please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format.