The Experience Engine is seeking a technical management resource with excellent communication skills, analysis, and design abilities, to fill a Management and Pre-Sales role. The Director of Solutions Engineering will lead a team that is hands-on with our customers, partners, and internal stakeholders at all phases of the customer engagement life cycle. Your primary responsibility will be in a pre-sales role to articulate the TE2 technical vision to prospects, formulating and designing solutions, and providing confidence in the the TE2 platform. You will also be leading the Solutions Engineering team to ensure complete and accurate deployments from initiation through customer acceptance. This role will require significant flexibility and travel (30% travel should be expected).
What you will be focused on
- Lead and manage a team of 3+ Solutions Engineers across North America.
- Set a vision and develop SMART goals for the solutions engineering team.
- Work directly with TE2 customers to assess their needs, define requirements and assist in the formulation of platform strategies and implementation approaches.
- Work in partnership with TE2 Client Services, Product Management and Engineering teams to translate client requirements and market opportunities into product roadmap features.
- Evangelize the TE2 Platform, mobile application, and digital marketing best practices to customers, partners, and sales prospects.
- Assess business requirements; collection and identification of technical specifications; and the subsequent design, development, and delivery of TE2 products.
- Provide expert guidance to customers on TE2 Platform configuration, Systems of Record integration, security and scalability.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with our customers.
- Assist sales in the development of success plans for customers that outline their critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and provide recommendations
- Work closely and align delivery with TE2 Scrum teams to drive successful business outcomes.
- Prioritize and drive resolution on escalated customer issues with TE2 products teams.
- Contribute to building a positive, can-do, high-performance culture.
- This role would support multiple customers.
Technical Challenges you will tackle
- Working with clients and our product team to define how our product can be used to meet the customer goals
- Representing client needs to the product team to enable customers to be more successful
- Representing platform implementation needs to the product team to reduce effort and time for deployment
- Designing communicating and working with the development teams to deliver complex integrations to customer systems
- Ensuring the technical solution meets the business, technical and service level goals
- Working through constraints of time, resources, and requests to set client expectations
- Guiding the customer to the best solution
- BS/MS Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science and/or related discipline.
- 5+ years of overall delivery management experience (SaaS or PaaS preferred).
- 4+ years of managing a team.
- Project management experience (scope control, budgeting, estimating, and resource management).
- Ability to propose creative technical solutions to challenging problems and communicate technical concepts and specifications clearly and efficiently.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, influencing, and collaborative skills.
- Strong personal initiative and ability to execute with minimal oversight.
- Prior experience with web based scheduling, communications, and management tools.
Perks & Benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
If you don't have an up-to-date resume completed, but have a Stack Overflow, Github, LinkedIn profile (or similar), please pass that along. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
TE2 is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.