Founded in 2013, TE2 is headquartered in San Diego, CA with additional offices in Orlando, FL and Cork, Ireland. TE2’s platform is leading the growing customer experience management market. This market is expected to reach $20B by 2020. The TE2 platform provides consumer facing enterprises an engine to drive personalization, recommendations and commerce for the physical world, in real-time. We believe every consumer facing business with physical locations will benefit from a machine-learning based platform that provides deep insights and recommendations for how consumers interact and ultimately spend with global brands.
With accelerating advancements in IoT, cloud, mobility, analytics, payments, and machine learning, industries like Hotels/Resorts, Universities, Hospitals, Theme Parks, Casinos, Cruise Ships, and Quick Service Restaurants are quickly recognizing the benefits and massive potential of personalization. Featured TE2 customers include Carnival Corporation, SeaWorld, Arby's, Cedar Fair, Merlin Entertainment, Grupo Vidanta Resorts, and Arizona State University, among others.
Reports to: VP of Engineering
- Principal / Lead Architect defining & ensuring architectural & design consistency across all TE2 product teams
- Defining best practices (do no harm, tool selection, proper way to conduct pull requests etc.)
- Enforcing development & design principals
- Leading new development initiatives
- Understanding the customization hooks available in the platform, determine the best way to implement client requirements given several implementation choices and provide estimates on level of work
- Communicating requirements and implementation approach to developers, follow up and resolve issues during code development.
- Proactively communicating issues, potential solutions, and next steps required to meet implementation milestones on time and on budget
- Working with VP of Engineering to troubleshoot, prioritize, and implement workarounds of any reported product bugs
- Defining the architecture, client environment, and supporting tools to meet stated program or project objectives.
- Communicating the architecture direction for your discipline and provide an understanding of a set of platforms and applications
- Participating in efforts to create new standards and best practices and drive adoption across the technical community
- Assessing new technology to determine its viability and applicability within TE2's technical environment
You will be involved in some of the following
- Enabling personalized guest experiences based on specific location using location-based technologies (BLE Beacons, GPS, and WiFi Position Triangulation)
- Perfecting turn-by-turn navigation and indoor wayfinding
- Enabling augmented reality
- Mapping global places and venues
- Developing software to revolutionize the integrations between eOS and a wide variety of customer systems of record
- Building frameworks which will enable rapid deployment of new customers and real-time monitoring of the environment
- Integrating with payment platforms to reduce the friction and allow easier access to personalized experiences
- Exposing our customers' product catalogs through mobile apps tightly integrated with location services
- Providing analytics on user browse, search, and purchasing activity that drive personalized recommendations
- Enabling redemption of experiences through integrations with barcode scanners, ticketing systems, and wearable devices
- Implementing the latest in service-based authentication security protocols and solutions
- Capturing, storing, and protecting profile data in order to build an overall snapshot of a consumer
- Mapping and determining relationships amongst various user identities whether it be individually, between people, or groups of people (Identity Management)
Back-end Tech Stack
- Java 8
- AWS, Cloud Elastic Architectures
- Multiple Apache projects, including: ServiceMix, CXF (JAX-RS), ActiveMQ
- Spring Boot
- Microservice Technologies: Eureka, Ribbon, Hystrix
- RESTful / JSON web API service layer
- Couchbase (NoSQL) data persistence and cache layer
- Continuous delivery integration through Jenkins pipelines
Desired Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of relevant development and architecture experience
- SaaS / PaaS multi-tenant domain experience
- Experience scaling a platform from low levels of traffic to high levels of concurrent users. For example, from zero users to 10M concurrent users
- 5+ years of experience in managing teams and people
- Strong background with Java/J2EE, JSP, JSON, ANT, Sitemesh, Aspect J, Jackson, etc.
- Experience with open source technologies and frameworks
- Experienced in object oriented analysis and design
- Proven communications skills including technical writing and presentation
- Experience with enterprise application servers
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Understanding Web application development concepts including architecture, design, building, testing, and deployment.
- Experience selecting and working with third-party vendors and partners to design and integrate external solutions and products
Perks & Benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
If you don't have an up-to-date resume completed, but have a Stack Overflow, Github, LinkedIn profile (or similar), please pass that along. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
TE2 is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**Note to third-party recruiters. At this time, we are not working with any outside recruiting agencies.