Founded in 2013, TE2 is headquartered in San Diego, CA with additional offices in Orlando, FL and Cork, Ireland. TE2’s platform is leading the growing customer experience management market. This market is expected to reach $20B by 2020. The TE2 platform provides consumer facing enterprises an engine to drive personalization, recommendations and commerce for the physical world, in real-time. We believe every consumer facing business with physical locations will benefit from a machine-learning based platform that provides deep insights and recommendations for how consumers interact and ultimately spend with global brands.
With accelerating advancements in IoT, cloud, mobility, analytics, payments, and machine learning, industries like Hotels/Resorts, Universities, Hospitals, Theme Parks, Casinos, Cruise Ships, and Quick Service Restaurants are quickly recognizing the benefits and massive potential of personalization. Featured TE2 customers include Carnival Corporation, Sea World, Arby's, Cedar Fair, Merlin Entertainment, Grupo Vidanta Resorts, and Arizona State University, among others.
As a Principal Software Engineer at TE2, you will be a Lead Engineer on a core engineering team that is designing and developing key components of the TE2 Platform that drives personalization, recommendations and commerce for the physical world, in real-time.
Some of what you will be working on:
- Enabling personalized guest experiences based on specific location using location-based technologies (BLE Beacons, GPS, and WiFi Position Triangulation)
- Perfecting turn-by-turn navigation and indoor wayfinding
- Enabling augmented reality
- Mapping global places and venues
- Developing software to revolutionize the integrations between eOS and a wide variety of customer systems of record
- Building frameworks which will enable rapid deployment of new customers and real-time monitoring of the environment
- Integrating with payment platforms to reduce the friction and allow easier access to personalized experiences
- Exposing our customers' product catalogs through mobile apps tightly integrated with location services
- Providing analytics on user browse, search, and purchasing activity that drive personalized recommendations
- Enabling redemption of experiences through integrations with barcode scanners, ticketing systems, and wearable devices
- Implementing the latest in service-based authentication security protocols and solutions
- Capturing, storing, and protecting profile data in order to build an overall snapshot of a consumer
- Mapping and determining relationships amongst various user identities whether it be individually, between people, or groups of people (Identity Management)
Technical challenges you may tackle include:
- Contributing to our platform architectural transformation into a modern, scalable microservices foundation
- Assisting in the design and implementation of a secure, restful API Gateway with routing to platform micro-services
- Helping to design and implement a distributed trace logging for all eOS micro-services
- Contributing to data modeling and migration from single-tenant Couchbase databases into a multi-tenant cluster
- Implementing complex domain-model mappings between our client-facing APIs and customer systems of record
- Implementing our product suite in ways that provide simple, usable common functionality, while allowing customer-specific added functionality
- Continuously deploying our software into a cloud-based platform using tools such as Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Building reusable, multi-tenant software components that integrate with content management systems, commerce systems, and other industry-specific platforms
Some of the technologies you will be working with:
- Java 8
- AWS, Cloud Elastic Architectures
- Multiple Apache projects, including: ServiceMix, CXF (JAX-RS), ActiveMQ
- Spring Boot
- Microservice Technologies: Eureka, Ribbon, Hystrix
- RESTful / JSON web API service layerCouchbase (NoSQL) data persistence and cache layer
- Continuous delivery integration through Jenkins pipelines
- 8+ years of related work experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field (preferred, but not necessary)
- Experience in Java or similar OO language (C#, C++)
- Strong grasp of OO programming principles
- Experience with REST APIs
- Willingness and ability to embrace an AGILE development methodology
Perks & Benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Equity opportunity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
If you don't have an up-to-date resume completed, but have a Stack Overflow, Github, LinkedIn profile (or similar), please pass that along. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
TE2 is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**Note to third-party recruiters. At this time, we are not working with any outside recruiting agencies.