Who are you?
- You believe in Murphy's Law and "see around corners" in order to catch potential issues before they go live
- You are humble, but confident, and willing to share your opinion and stand-up for what you think is right
- You are motivated by helping to build a product that is innovative and game changing
- You like to work with a wide array of technology rather than specializing in one specific technology
- You love big technical challenges
- You truly care about the business impact of what you help build and release
- You adapt well to change
As a Senior Software QA Engineer at TE2, you will perform manual and automated testing for our "Places" product team based in San Diego, CA. This team is focused on developing our mapping and location services technology.
- Working with TE2 product and engineering teams to plan and develop automated test suites.
- Use and develop new tools to effectively test products and improve TE2's engineering processes.
- Maintain and evaluate automated tests
- Create and implement test frameworks demonstrating reusability, maintainability, and scalability
- Adaptability and attention to finalizing testing details and duties amidst aggressive time challenges.
- Planning and executing the testing of new features
- Evaluate current test procedures and drive optimizations
- Provide engineering teams with analysis of uncovered software defect test and report cross-platform software bugs in a detailed, timely manner
- 4+ years of Software Quality Assurance/Testing experience
- Prior start-up experience, where you built and implemented new processes, while being hands-on in QA testing
- Experience working in an AGILE software development environment
- Knowledge of release and configuration management best practices
- Knowledge of testing techniques and tools used in testing large scale web services
- Demonstrable writing and communication skills
- Track record of finding bugs that materially affect the business
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with GUI automated testing tools (Selenium, FitNesse, Watir, etc.)
- Experience with programming languages like Bash, Java, and Ruby
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, Test::Unit, xUnit, etc.
- Experience with performance testing tools like JMeter, Apache Bench, httperf
- Knowledge of agile development practices, continuous integration, and continuous deployment.
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 15 days of paid time off per year
- Paid holidays
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Your choice of machine and software
If you don't have an up-to-date resume handy, but have a Stack Overflow, Github, LinkedIn profile (or similar), please pass that along. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
TE2 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**Note to third-party recruiters. At this time, we are not working with any outside recruiting agencies.